I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta tell ya Grim- Im done with E9/8's - I have lost 3 rockets and had 4 cato - Granted Estes made it MORE THAN RIGHT in every case- But I dont trust the E9's
default_sleep.png

Faaar too many documented failures. Unless of course its a purpose built rocket for those- aka - one I could care less about.

Last edited by a moderator:
They work very nice.. I have a rocket I designed called the Estes BP dart.. min dia.. performs on those motors..

Grim

100_3783.JPG

Thanks Mike! May I bother you again?? :DWith the problems People have had with the 24mm Estes E motors, I thought it was time to delve into the RMS world! Soooo I purchased an Aerotech RMS E18-7W and An E28-7T(5), and the casing that both will work in....I put together an E18-7W an plan on launching my Big Daddy with it.......any issues? thoughts? WARNINGS????? Also I had forgotten that a friend of mine was going to go for his LI using An RMS 29mm "H" motor in his Public Missiles Bull Dog(AWESOME lookin rocket) but instead, got out of the hobby and HANDED me all his stuff and said "HAVE FUN WITH IT"
default_ohmy.png
default_wacko.png
default_smile.png
:) So I purchased AN ASP 43" Wac Corporal kit (you can even stick 38mm motors in this thing) and I guess i'll try for my L1 when I build it! I wanted to know if I should use one of those "dual deploy" thingies when I launch it? Id hate to lose it by being ignorant....! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP MAN!!
default_smile.png

Bill , Im sure Grim will chime in - but for what its worth - That Jolly Logic Chute Release system is the cats meow for a sorta dual deploy setup for lower altitude MPR birds - 1500-3000FT .

Our ballpark for L-1 IMHO. - . Use motor ejection to fire the bundle and the Chute Release does the rest.

TRUE dual deploy becomes a little more complicated and much more electronics imho.

Check it out- buy 2 and I will make you payments
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

I want to get one and use my Hawk and a CTI H-123 for my L-1 - thats the plan anyway
default_wink.png

https://www.jollylogic.com/products/chuterelease/

AND - you can use it in **** near everything we fly . Imaging it in the PS2 Birds we already have - PERFECT
default_cool.png

I have one I have never used. If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for $75 Shipped.
If your not in a hurry I would be interested, let me talk with the boss- lol . Of course if someone else wants it in the meantime, or you need to sell it sooner, dont hold it for me Mike.

Andy

Andy, Bill PM'ed me last night that he was interested in it. I pulled the unit out of the my Rocket Bin last night and it looks like I need a new battery. Anyone that has one of these needs to make sure they keep the little LIPO Battery topped off every couple of months. The last time I charged this was in April. I ordered a new battery last night from Jolly Logic.

We'll it looks like I screwed the pooch. I received the new battery yesterday and while attempting to installed it, I managed to mangle the plug on the circuit board. The plug was all of 1/8" wide with a locking mechanism. Between miniaturized electronics, sausage fingers and 50+ year old eyes, I cant fix electronic devices like I used to. Everything ended up in the trash. I also wasn't happy that the replacement battery I received was a month older than the one in my device.

Sorry Bill...
default_sad.png

No sweat Chilli! I know how you feel! I'm a nats ass from the BIG SIX-O, and NOTHING on me works like it used to!!!! Sorry that your gizmo turned into a total loss..... Feel kinda bad about that.....!

Back