I should have known better

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

Well I got out last sunday for about fifteen minutes of boating before the wind really chopped the lake up and managed to prove my worst nightmare.... I dont learn from my mistakes!!!!!!

Lets just go back to about twelve months ago when I had massive problems getting horsepower out of my A45 / CMB quiet pipe combination (AKA StealthBoat. I honestly could not hear it running up the back straight). After playing with that setup and having no success I finally tried my old trusty MACS 45 quiet pipe (high nitro). All of a sudden my performance is back!!!!!

So 12 months later and my MAC45 in a Seaducer has been causing me stress with not revving out, carbon deposits on piston and head a deep shade of black and the engine going off pipe about 2 laps into the race and not wanting to come back on..... I had been trying a different pipe again and from what I could see I thought I was having overheating problems.... Again I went back to my trusty MACS 45 pipe and presto!!!! I now have the ability to back off and get on pipe again... my revs are back... now I just have to stop destroying 3/16 flex shafts and I will be real happy... so now I have two 45 pipes that I cant get to work!!! Most likely both of them had too much back pressure for the engines so I am now going to disect the old pipe and see if I can resurrect it to be some use.....

Moral of this story.... there must be one...

The "Moral" is, "You Just Don't Know When Have Something Good Until You, TAKE IT OFF!" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim_Duggan said:
Introduce those pipes to a crockpot full of antifreeze...............
108241[/snapback]

inventive....

I was thinking of introducing them to about 4000 degrees.....

But I do have to give it one more chance once I figure out exactly what caused the issue.... coz now I am one 45 pipe short....

oh and additional to the first post... the plug was coming in a bit frosted and the face of the plug was almost black.... now the plug looks almost better than new after a run.....

and I do have remote 3rd channel needle as well....

The antifreeze trick cleans all the baked-on crud out of the inside of the pipe. Good for cleaning up crankcases too B) Give it a try - not at 4000 degrees though ;)

I agree on the "antifreeze", old mechanics trick. Wipe some on the top of the pistons on a car engine (if your changing a head gasket) and the next day the carbon is standing up like "baklava",,,it's a Greek thing,,,maybe Bolivian? :blink:

4000 degrees will do it too

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim_Duggan said:
The antifreeze trick cleans all the baked-on crud out of the inside of the pipe. Good for cleaning up crankcases too  B)   Give it a try - not at 4000 degrees though  ;)
108247[/snapback]

Would have been a good idea to try if the pipe wasnt brand new :blink:

So it wasnt the engine falling asleep......

Unlike a certain driver at a certain recent country race meeting??

Never a dull moment with Craig around, except when hes sleeping...........

If you want even better proformance from those 45's try the MACS prod 8cc airplane quite pipe...I have a bunch of pipes too and keep going back to my MACS...The only other one that works for me is the Irwin quite pipe.set at 10" from plug to weld..

Back