I need some help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richmccurdy

I just got my first rc boat a few weeks ago, I took a chance and bought one off of ebay. Its a shockwave made by proboat, I got it for only $50 although it didnt come with an engine or propeller or drive shaft. Other than a few little nicks and scrapes it looks in really good condition. My question is what kind of engine did this boat come with originally and where can I get one. I've been trying to learn as much about this boat as I can before I attempt to put it back together, I found a couple of other rc boat forums which have been really helpful, rc universe and rtrzone, although rtrzone you cant read anything unless you join. I guess thats my other question, is there any other good rc boat forums out there? Thanks in advance for the help.

I just got my first rc boat a few weeks ago, I took a chance and bought one off of ebay. Its a shockwave made by proboat, I got it for only $50 although it didnt come with an engine or propeller or drive shaft. Other than a few little nicks and scrapes it looks in really good condition. My question is what kind of engine did this boat come with originally and where can I get one. I've been trying to learn as much about this boat as I can before I attempt to put it back together, I found a couple of other rc boat forums which have been really helpful, rc universe and rtrzone, although rtrzone you cant read anything unless you join. I guess thats my other question, is there any other good rc boat forums out there? Thanks in advance for the help.
It has a dynamite.32 in it. heres one up for bid on ebay. its almost brand new!!clic to that visit my websight and it will take your to that .32 on ebay.Visit My Website If I had that boat hull,I would get a good.21 for it. most.21 have more power then that .32dynamite

Last edited by a moderator:
So join, it's free . I'm a mod at the zone and prob get flammed for this post. There's lots of good info out there and on here just ask questions and someone will help. To help you now we need to know what size hull is it the 36 or the 55. I'm guessing it's the 36 which came with a .32 dynamite if it's the 55 then it 26cc zen. Hope this helps welcome to a whole new addiction. good luck Rich

Stan Walker Rtrzone mod

So join, it's free . I'm a mod at the zone and prob get flammed for this post. There's lots of good info out there and on here just ask questions and someone will help. To help you now we need to know what size hull is it the 36 or the 55. I'm guessing it's the 36 which came with a .32 dynamite if it's the 55 then it 26cc zen. Hope this helps welcome to a whole new addiction. good luck Rich

Stan Walker Rtrzone mod
Dont belive MR FREEZE SNOW JOB!!!!! :eek: You dont want to join the RTR Zone!!!!!!!! :angry: If you dont agree with them or have different veiws then they have,they will kick you out/bann you from there websight!!! Ask around and you'll find out alot of bad things about them!!! :eek: Talk to way to many guys that used to belong that that websight! ;) You got RCU,INTLWATERS,RC GROUP,JIMS R-C BOAT DOCK,RUM RUNNER RACING but there FE ,MODEL GAS BOAT Guys if there anyother rc boat websights I'd missed please post them for this guy.

sorry I didnt mention it before but its a shockwave 36, I forgot there was a bigger version. Thanks for the help. I didnt get a chance to join rtrzone I wasnt aware they were like that.

Stan Walker Rtrzone mod
Dont belive MR FREEZE SNOW JOB!!!!! :eek: You dont want to join the RTR Zone!!!!!!!! :angry: If you dont agree with them or have different veiws then they have,they will kick you out/bann you from there websight!!! Ask around and you'll find out alot of bad things about them!!! :eek: Talk to way to many guys that used to belong that that websight! ;) You got RCU,INTLWATERS,RC GROUP,JIMS R-C BOAT DOCK,RUM RUNNER RACING but there FE ,MODEL GAS BOAT Guys if there anyother rc boat websights I'd missed please post them for this guy.

im gonna just let this one go and see what happens here..lol .. and miss h please start signing off like everyone does please, i think it would make it more complete for you.

terry

Like I said I'll prob get flammed. look do what you want, I was just trying to help. I've said it before and I'll say it again It's about helping people end of story

have a nice day :D

Most of your parts for the boat that it orignally came with can be found fairly easy like above ebay is a good source since your new at it try to buy a new unmodified engine you will mostlikley have less headaches that way, also like above stated a 21 engine will be the better choice for power, so you might try an OS as price is usually right and they are reliable parts can be bought if needed its basicly drop in and go for that boat get water cooled.

As for message boards They ALL have something to offer in the way of help and information there are GOOD people on everyone of them and bad, thats just the way the world works--its more of a personal choice and what boats you run as to what boards youll be on the most----shoot go to the for sale section's and post a want add you will most likley find someone that has what your looking for.

By the way WELCOME TO THE BOARD AND THE HOBBY!

Thanks for the help, my only question is why whould a 21 be faster than the 32? Isnt it a smaller engine?

Oh and thanks everyone for the help finding other rc boat forums too. I think toyotatruckin said it, good and bad people anywhere you go. Thanks misshydro, I'll make up my own mind.

Thanks for the help, my only question is why whould a 21 be faster than the 32? Isnt it a smaller engine?Oh and thanks everyone for the help finding other rc boat forums too. I think toyotatruckin said it, good and bad people anywhere you go. Thanks misshydro, I'll make up my own mind.
Not everything is determined by displacement. Other factors like carb size, compression, bore, stroke, and so on all influence performance. By an analogy, is a stock 400 small block in a 75 Camaro able to keep up with a 75 Camaro with bored cylinders, racing cam, dual 4 bbl carbs and a custom exhaust and lower gear ratio..... No chance.

The Dynamite line is decent enough.... I have a .15, but most if not all the .12's will out perform it. You CAN spend $$ to have people redo the carb (eg Rob Geraghty), improve your crank, intake and exhaust timing, squish band head (eg John Ackerman/Frank Orlic etc) and so on but that can cost as much or more than a new stock Dynamite.... (or you can do the work yourself if you have the tools and know how) - OR you can just buy a brand like CMB or Novarossi .21 which in stock trim will outperform the Dynamite. And if you have buy one of the hotter brands AND the $$$ (or knowlege/skills), you still can squeeze out more by "modding" your engine. Hope this helped.

todd

Thanks for the help, my only question is why whould a 21 be faster than the 32? Isnt it a smaller engine?Oh and thanks everyone for the help finding other rc boat forums too. I think toyotatruckin said it, good and bad people anywhere you go. Thanks misshydro, I'll make up my own mind.
Not everything is determined by displacement. Other factors like carb size, compression, bore, stroke, and so on all influence performance. By an analogy, is a stock 400 small block in a 75 Camaro able to keep up with a 75 Camaro with bored cylinders, racing cam, dual 4 bbl carbs and a custom exhaust and lower gear ratio..... No chance.

The Dynamite line is decent enough.... I have a .15, but most if not all the .12's will out perform it. You CAN spend $$ to have people redo the carb (eg Rob Geraghty), improve your crank, intake and exhaust timing, squish band head (eg John Ackerman/Frank Orlic etc) and so on but that can cost as much or more than a new stock Dynamite.... (or you can do the work yourself if you have the tools and know how) - OR you can just buy a brand like CMB or Novarossi .21 which in stock trim will outperform the Dynamite. And if you have buy one of the hotter brands AND the $$$ (or knowlege/skills), you still can squeeze out more by "modding" your engine. Hope this helped.

todd
Dynamite marine motor are junk plain and simple! There the gutless wonders. The 400 small block chevys, are the worthless piece of junk that was developed.you better off taking a 350 and have it stroked out to 383! O.S.21VZ-MTurbo is alittle bit more then the.32 but its 125 or more less the the .21CMB's motors and the O.S realy flyes!! But there another motor you can also check out too,the Go motors.They have two lines,Sport&Race..there three guys who's running the Go.18's and there pretty well happy/pleased with them..Plus Prices arent bad eather.Here you can check them out!funrcboats.com just clic to visit my website and it will take you there.Visit My Website These guys sells them too.

What makes them junk? Do they break alot or are they just not the fastest? I've read that this boat gets a little out of control so Im not sure I want a really fast engine. Maybe the 32 would be good enough.........Does misshydro ever say anything positive? She hates dynamite engines and she hates rtrzone, does that sum it up. LOL, sorry misshydry I couldnt help it, just kidding.

What makes them junk? Do they break alot or are they just not the fastest? I've read that this boat gets a little out of control so Im not sure I want a really fast engine. Maybe the 32 would be good enough.........Does misshydro ever say anything positive? She hates dynamite engines and she hates rtrzone, does that sum it up. LOL, sorry misshydry I couldnt help it, just kidding.
No had a rod chuck=broken on my.15 dynamite plus my other.15 was a pain to keep tune in,read on other thread guys having similar proublems to,Thats why I'd ditch them and ran the vegas.18 in my boat.faster then the dynamite would ever do. I've read threads about the same thing with rods chucks. If the.32 was so great?? why guys are ditching them and replacing it with a good.21's?? Oh if you get a .32 get ready to switch carbs,Been seeing guys using the .61 supertiger carbs on them for better throtle response and easyer tune ins. With RTRZone=TLR?? dont care for the owner and heard way tomany bad things about them.He made RTRzone to push his parts.This will give you alittle 411 on them,heres a thread about them.just clic to vist my website it will take you to that thread.Visit My Website I was trying to save your some headackes that all.

I just dont want to get an engine thats too fast for the boat, I've heard alot about high speed handleing problems with this boat

sorry misshydry
LOL
Ok I ran the dyn .32 in my TC31 few years ago and it was a perfectly fine running motor went inside it and cleaned up a little bad casting which anyone can do.. If thats what you want to put back in it, do it-- also this is your first rc boat make it simple learn as you go no need to nail down a 400-500$ motor to have fun with it..

Missh you really need to step back and think before you post something this guy is new here and new to boats asking for help not a bunch of BS out of you... And get with the program hooked on phonics might just work for you!

I think im going to put the boat back together totally stock for now until I learn a little more about running it. I've read ALOT through these forums over the past couple of weeks and that was the first I've ever read that dynamite engines are junk. Besides the price of the dynamite 32 is really good.

sorry misshydry
LOL
Ok I ran the dyn .32 in my TC31 few years ago and it was a perfectly fine running motor went inside it and cleaned up a little bad casting which anyone can do.. If thats what you want to put back in it, do it-- also this is your first rc boat make it simple learn as you go no need to nail down a 400-500$ motor to have fun with it..

Missh you really need to step back and think before you post something this guy is new here and new to boats asking for help not a bunch of BS out of you... And get with the program hooked on phonics might just work for you!
Hey Rich listen to Toyota Truckin.... if you want to have fun for low bucks stick with what you got - there are plenty of little things you can do like changing the head clearance w/shims for changing engine compression, changing the squish band, changing the intake and exhaust timing, polishing the rod, finding the best prop, pipe & pipe length and so on to keep you busy and learning for a LONG time.... and you'll will wow those who see you ('cept for the club racers - and they'll still be nice).

When you want a "Fast" boat, then you can step up to a better suited boat and engine combo (and you'll spend way more $$$). For example a well set up rigger will out-run anything else, but they are also the challenging type of boat to set up and get running right. There's a reason Andy Brown @cmdracing charges $1800 for a fully set up and tested .21 rigger - however I'm sure it'll run rings around most other boats.... including MissHydro's .21's :lol: sorry Miss Hydro couldnt resist the jab! Your just so fiesty!!!

sorry misshydry
LOL

Hey Rich listen to Toyota Truckin.... if you want to have fun for low bucks stick with what you got - there are plenty of little things you can do like changing the head clearance w/shims for changing engine compression, changing the squish band, changing the intake and exhaust timing, polishing the rod, finding the best prop, pipe & pipe length and so on to keep you busy and learning for a LONG time.... and you'll will wow those who see you ('cept for the club racers - and they'll still be nice).

When you want a "Fast" boat, then you can step up to a better suited boat and engine combo (and you'll spend way more $$$). For example a well set up rigger will out-run anything else, but they are also the challenging type of boat to set up and get running right. There's a reason Andy Brown @cmdracing charges $1800 for a fully set up and tested .21 rigger - however I'm sure it'll run rings around most other boats.... including MissHydro's .21's :lol: sorry Miss Hydro couldnt resist the jab! Your just so fiesty!!!
Get with the hooked on phonics?? Man you got room to talk.. You cant make up your mind on your boats. First you were in nitro then gas then nitro again then going to FE.. You worse then us girls that cant make up ower minds,plus you cant keep a boat that long to,you go threw more boats then underwear. If you'd look, I'd told him that his boat came with the dynamite.32 in his boat in the first place ,but told him he would be better of getting a .21 because they put out more power then the .32. That dynamite.32 puts out the same power as a hot .18. Hay I remember when I'd first started into RC boating. Got flamed about putting a .21 in my boat,was told a newbie cant/doesnt know how to do it. Prove the guys wrong on that note.It wasnt a good.21 but it was faster then that.15 ,but you guys still busted my cookie and said you need a real.21 like a CMB or Nova or O.S! I told you guys I'm on a budget and cant afford those high price/dollar motors. I work with what I got. I dont have money to burn like some of you have. I do have a CMB.21 RS Redhead that was given to me as a gift to put in to My 1/12 Oberto. I'd thought my Blue angel was fast with a vegas.18?But now after running my Oberto CMB.21 ,that blue angel is a slug now. If you want to get that.32 that fine.. I'd never had any good like with the dynamite motors. Is like to each there own what they like or dis likes. Now the 1800 boats??? I dont understand why some of you guy blow that much money on these boat to race them and have a chance to wreck them?? To only get a 10-20 dollars trophy,I can maybe see if they put up cash money for prises. That why I'm not to thriled on getting in to racing.Put all that time and money to have it wrecked or destroyed.I know accidents happends but I wouldnt be very happy.Plus if I hit somebody I would be very sick about it too. Ok getting back to this post... Get the dynamite.32 and see how it would do in your boat. If it doesnt work out,you can always get a different motor to try out. Ok try this thread I'd found for your boat. Its on RCU 69 pages of info that should help you out..Just clic to undefined,it will take you to that 69 page shockwave 36 thread.undefined

I just dont want to get an engine thats too fast for the boat, I've heard alot about high speed handleing problems with this boat
the handleing prob can be taken care of if the boat is a V with trim tabs with a hydo you will have to ask the hydo freaks because those freek me out I like my fingers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back