I need some help identifying this outrigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kris poole

I got this boat along with two others recently (the other two are sightler v-hulls). I'm having a hard time identifying what this boat is and what size the motor is. I think it is a .60 or possibly a .65 or .67 but I'm not positive which. I know that the hull needs a little attention and paint, but I think it is going to be a good project. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my first time on this site, but I'm not new to rc's. I started with nitro trucks and cars, went to electric trucks and cars, then last summer I moved to FE boats, now I'm into all boats. So far I have a villian recovery boat, Shockwave 55, Leecraft XT460, 3 Sightler V-hulls, and this outrigger. I'm usually on OSE, but didn't get any response over there on this boat.

Picture 069.jpg

Picture 067.jpg

Picture 064.jpg

Picture 065.jpg

Picture 066.jpg

Picture 068.jpg

Hello Kris, welcome to the site. Your boat looks like it could be a Jim Youngblood hydro that Tidewater used to sell. The motor looks to be a OPS 67-80. The carb is a Aeromarine product. Richard D

Wow Yep it is Youngblood hydro "1988" must replace upgrade seal rubbers ( waterproof) contact Steve Wood Will you run test in someday Good Luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys. I got to looking a little more at the boat and did find the name Tidewater stamped on the rudder. The motor has tons of compression (the most I have ever felt in a nitro motor), what % fuel would yall recommend me start with once I get this thing ready to run?

Thanks for the info guys. I got to looking a little more at the boat and did find the name Tidewater stamped on the rudder. The motor has tons of compression (the most I have ever felt in a nitro motor), what % fuel would yall recommend me start with once I get this thing ready to run?
50% is a good number but id take the motor down and put bearings in it. For some reason bearings seem to fail unless motor is cleaned lubed and put in a zip lock bag

The engine is an OPS 67. The OPS 80 had bigger diameter cooling fins.

Al Hobbs

yea old school is fun nice boat kinda got the old school paint too i have a quickie 40 that runs with the new schools good luck youngblood!

Thanks again everyone for the info. I'm hoping that I can handle this project as it is the biggest one I have taken on so far. :blink:

OPS 67!!!! A great engine. We still run one in a scale boat. Be sure to have some extra pipe couplers along or a cooling manifold on the exhaust. It gets really hot enough to fry eggs and melt silicon!!! JB

Hello Kris, welcome to the site. Your boat looks like it could be a Jim Youngblood hydro that Tidewater used to sell. The motor looks to be a OPS 67-80. The carb is a Aeromarine product. Richard D
Hey Dick, that almost looks like the one that Bob Bonahume used to run? Even the broken-off front sponson looks vaguely familiar. Kris, where did this hull come from? Also, I noticed that you mentioned Sightler V-Hull's, do you have pics of those? I've been looking for one of these - forever..

Ted, i remember Bob had a Prather fiber glass hydro when the club still ran at Goose lake. How many years ago was that? I went over to Goose lake last fall, and there still isnt any weeds, but there is a water ski club that has been there for several years. It was a great place to run boats back in the day. Richard D

Ted, i remember Bob had a Prather fiber glass hydro when the club still ran at Goose lake. How many years ago was that? I went over to Goose lake last fall, and there still isnt any weeds, but there is a water ski club that has been there for several years. It was a great place to run boats back in the day. Richard D
Yes, I guess your right about the Prather Hull. Still had that same look though. B) Too bad we couldn't race @ Goose again. Our club, really has to do something about the Weed situation - otherwise abandon the site.. Cost us too much money.

Ted, I got this boat along with two Sightler V-hulls here in Atlanta, GA. A guy here had traded for them and didn't know much about nitro rc's. He never could get anything working so he listed them locally on Craigslist. He had no info for me on the original owner or history of the boats. I would be glad to send you pictures of the sightlers. I have pictures of one that I had before this purchase, and I will take a few of the new ones this weekend. I will send you a pm.

I am in the Atlanta area, Gwinnett County to be exact. So far I have only been playing with my boats for the fun of it. I've only been into the boats for a short period of time, but I have heard of the pond down at Naturally Fresh from a few different people. I have two boats that apparently were raced there in the past, at least thats what I have been told. I've been wanting to come and check it out sometime, just haven't had the opportunity to yet.

Thanks for the info on the event. I have been running my electric stuff at a local neighborhood pond with no complaints. My nitro stuff I have been running at Rhodes Jordan park in Lawrenceville. Currently the lake is being maintenance d so the water is down :( . I haven't had any complaints there either. My gas boat I needed a bigger lake, so I head out to Fort Yargo park in Winder. Your allowed to have john boats with up to 10hp motors in that lake, so my gasser shouldn't be a problem. Never had any complaints there either. I'm not sure if there are rules against rc boats at any of these places, but I figure as long as I'm not destroying anything or making to much noise at bad hours I will be ok.

Latest posts

Back