hummingbird 20 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason jury

nedding some info on where i can get a hummingbird 20 hydro cowl from. also what prop, pipe and strut settings are you using for this rigger if you run one,, cheers jason,,

Jason

1450 mod, H7 mod are very good props

around 46mm dia and anywhere from 3.3 to 3.6in cup

pipe around 7-1/2in should be in the 70's

Luca

Jason

1450 mod, H7 mod are very good props

around 46mm dia and anywhere from 3.3 to 3.6in cup

pipe around 7-1/2in should be in the 70's

Luca
hi luca thanks for the info pal, can you tell me where do you set your strut, flat in line with the bottom of the rear sponsons , or a little below,, cheers jason,,

That's my old boat, run the H-7 prepped by Mark S. , I can get you the specs if need be, but he might also want you to try the 1445e @3.7" that's what ran REALLY fast for me, but I never played with the boat long enough to get a good turn fin on it, Mark might be able to recommend a fin, but I loved the boat, I can email you a pdf scan of the setup sheet if you need.

I ran a 35 plus 21 on 65% with Marty's national N/R profile from a few years back, I can get you the numbers if you need.

0001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Last edited:
Jason.... nice boat!....

My strut is 1/8th above the rear shoes.... actual .114.... FLAT... on the table... while a tad negative wouldnt hurt me, i havent messed with it.. ( boat launches hard without help).... this is a prop issue combined, that i dont want to address, yet... 50x69@ 3.46.... i've had amazing results with a Marty Davis' 1450 duplicator prop Larry conrad built for me.... As my motor gets weaker, i've found the launches harder, another issue to deal with.... Tested with the carbon TD 21, @ 7 5/8ths, which has to be run HOT to perform.... to date the only pipe i've had triple stage twice........ OPS 3280 @ 7 7/8ths gives a more consistent launch and pulls well, with top end differences....... ( torque is there, top end less).... while i could lengthen/shorten, i tire of dead launches, and the measurements found so far warrant well..... I have a set up board actually dedicated for these boats.... if you need further measurements, lmk.... Kentley and Preston have the ultimate setups on theirs, and know the hull big time....... i'm around 68 consistent, and these guys are skying above that....... having enough motor to pull the big hunks (serious pitch/cup) is where its at...... I've tested and ran 3.8 to 4.0 but only in great air and planets aligned...... fishing heats is where its at, so cup low, spin it up, and tweak from there..... good luck man.... Mike

That boat has been in more hands than one can count I can count 7 people. I ran it one time with a cmb valvola i bought on here. I blew up and in disgust traded it for something i sold to MoPar FREAK. It is a well built boat with lots of potential. GOOD LUCK WITH THE BOAT

hi guys thanks for all your info i have some of these props that are listed so i will try them next weekend. i have found a cowl to suit so i will go with this for now.. i noticed the distance between the outside of the tub and inside of the sponsons seems quit little about 3 inches. i opend the gap up to 5 inches to improve the footing for more stability, it seems to work good for me..i will let you guys know how it goes, it is a light rigger.. thankyou jason :)

Back