HTB 360 setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Marty I will check out my 360 and let you know how I have it up. I am running a cmb 45 rs on it with a Hooper pipe. I will get my brothers set up he is running a stock red head on his.

Hey Richie... long time... lol... see... if he knows the clearance off hand, of his redhead, as i'm currently looking at 12 to 14 thousandths as a nominal test measurement?... thanks.... Mike

mike , I'm running my red head at .015 without a tuned pipe , canister muffler with 707 cone shaped mufflers....tried tighter head clearences but could not get a good needle setting.....i.m using 60% nitro.....360 htb tunnel....boat runs pretty good....bob....PS the factory instructions recommend .015 to .018 head clearance....

Bob.. thanks for that info, i know i ran common 45's from 12 to 14 if i remember... anyway... Marty, runs low nitro so in your opinion stay factory recommended or raise or lower it... he's stock too per the cannister...

On my gold head K&B 45 I run the equi big belly pipe, head at .013, 60% nitro and gee it runs hot!! It runs pretty well other than the heat. It does have a fairly new piston and sleeve and the 11cc carb which both may be causing the extra heat, I will try some different carbs next time I run it to see if I can reduce some heat

Back