HTB 360 setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Slater

Supporting Member
just got me a htb 360 today from a boating buddy

going to put a KB7.5 red head on it

will some buddy give a ball park for set up

prop height CG any thing that I might need to know

thank you for your time

Marty

Marty

I run 2 645 mg's servo's push-pull setup, mg-85 for throttle & mg- 82 3 rd channel. CG'S 9 1/2, 12 oz w/2 oz on top for hopper tank. 1450 back cut & cupped. Hinge pin about 1" from transom.

What pipe you got for engine?

I like the Irwin but very hard to find anymore. (2 nd) The carbon fiber one with silencer installed is looking good for a friend of mine. (3 rd) Mark Hoppers pipe

Marty,

My HTB-360 runs very good with the modifications shown in the photos. I use two, mechanically connected, s5301 Futaba metal gear servos (292.0 oz in, each) & a s3305 Futaba metal gear servo (124 oz in) for the throttle. I have the same 9.5" CG but there is 16 ozs of lead on the nose. I have modified the K & B lower unit which allows increased upward movement & eliminates any slop or looseness in the pivot pin. The pivot's center is 1.500" from the transom. I run X 448 & Barr cut X 450 & X 452 heat treated props. The Nelson .45 long stroke engine has an O.S. #9B, .472" bore, fuel metering, twin needle, carburetor with a custom mount & velocity stack. The Silver Bullet tuned pipe has a .343" ID X 4.640" long stinger & the fuel system is pressurized. I also have narrowed & re-shaped the cavitation plate. This modification increased the hulls straight away speed but did not effect its turning stability, because the strut bottom is it's original length. Notice the grease fittings added to the pivot pin & the stuffing tube. The stuffing tube is a full hard brass piece instead of the stock teflon tube. The bushing for the propeller shaft has been modified & replaced to eliminate any of the play found in stock K & B units.

Jim Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim

I like holes to. Yes new long stroke has very big crank. Is crank been balanced as well?

Jim

Very nice workmanship, I like your concepts on your linkages as well. Did you have to choke & lengthen the stinger down to help the fuel draw for big carburetor?

Start with the holes center line with bottom of sponsons. Depending on setup you may need a slight amount of negative, so you need hinge adjustment to allow for going both ways.

Jim

I like holes to. Yes new long stroke has very big crank. Is crank been balanced as well?
No balancing with an offset hole is done because the crankshaft is stronger when the hole is centered. The crankshaft also has a flow ramp to help turn the incoming gas without turbulence.

JA

Thanks Jim. I have one each complete 45 & 47. But hardly run, couldn't get them to run as good as old motors would.

Jim

Very nice workmanship, I like your concepts on your linkages as well. Did you have to choke & lengthen the stinger down to help the fuel draw for big carburetor?
Alan,

I'm using the long stinger to increase the pipes pressure (a measured 90+ inches of water or 3.252+ lbs at WOT) without increasing the engine's operating temperature. A decrease in the stingers ID will do the same thing. However, there will be a large increase in the engines operating temperature. I have never attempted to use a .472" bore carburetor without tuned pipe pressure. I have another "curvy" type pipe which develops more pressure, but haven't figured how to mount the thing.

JA

Back