how to set up a rtr pro boat miss bud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Batchelder

i have a pro boat just got it and is a real slow poke what can i do to make it rumn like i see on u tube.What prop and mine has a 18 motor,Thanks

i have a pro boat just got it and is a real slow poke what can i do to make it rumn like i see on u tube.What prop and mine has a 18 motor,Thanks
Get a Y535 prop for a starting point.... AFTER alot of typing (I have a 1/12 Miss Bud too) I deleted everything and decided to cut to the chase.... it'll take to much $$$ time & effort to get what you see... not to mention it still wont be a boat that runs reliably/stablely.... Do you REALLY want to stick ANOTHER $300 into a $300 dollar boat?? :huh: Not to mention the time & work involved? You can get a new Vegas for under $300 and buy a .21 Novarossi/header/pipe for under $300 and be WAY ahead of a $600 Miss Bud

I've been wanting to do the same sponson mods that others (eg Guppy/Opio etc on here) have done to their Vegas hydros (the Miss Bud has the same design flaws in the sponsons)... that just takes time & work - not $$$. Run hi nitro is another "cheap" fix. There's more but that when it starts getting expensive.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a Y535 prop for a starting point.... AFTER alot of typing (I have a 1/12 Miss Bud too) I deleted everything and decided to cut to the chase.... it'll take to much $$$ time & effort to get what you see... not to mention it still wont be a boat that runs reliably/stablely.... Do you REALLY want to stick ANOTHER $300 into a $300 dollar boat?? :huh: Not to mention the time & work involved? You can get a new Vegas for under $300 and buy a .21 Novarossi/header/pipe for under $300 and be WAY ahead of a $600 Miss Bud

I've been wanting to do the same sponson mods that others (eg Guppy/Opio etc on here) have done to their Vegas hydros (the Miss Bud has the same design flaws in the sponsons)... that just takes time & work - not $$$. Run hi nitro is another "cheap" fix. There's more but that when it starts getting expensive.... :D
Cheaper then a bud?? Well I havent seen any vegas hitting 55mhp+ with a hot.18 yet eighter!! Theres a Miss Bud with a O.S.18TZ moded by A-ZRacing that was entered in a R/C website contest and won! That Miss Bud with the O.S.18TZ was GPS at 55MHP!!! Just get aO.S.18TZ and put a adjustable strut on that miss bud and you wont have a slow poke anymore..As for sponson mods? I done somthing completely different then any of these guys are doing..I'd copied the real sponson mods the real Oberto has on there sponsons and ride pads..I'll be finding out soon how it works..
gallery_3638_682_11458.jpg

Gary,

get the prop and a Grimracer turn fin, that is about all you can do short of sponson mods and higher caliber engine. Unfortunately you canot adjust the prop depth on these boats without sponson mods so you are only going to get so fast. I have one of the older versions, Miss Bud, and with just doing the prop and turn fin saw a huge difference, but still will not outrun a Vegas. It is a good handling boat but just not designed to be a race competitive boat.

Doug

Gary, after reading the responses on your topic perhaps the first question i would have is how much money are you willing to spend to go fast and how fast do you want to go? I do not own a Pro boat, and know nothing about them...ive got a Miss Vegas...regardless of the hull if you throw enough money and parts at anything youll probably get it to move. No matter what hull you have if you buy just an O.S. TZ.18 and a strut you've just spent 200.00 on a 300.00 boat....either boat. perhaps you should try the cheap stuff first..prop, sponson mod etc. It is very easy to dump a ton of money into any boat ....if you dont have a problem with that then go for it and have fun....I wont crticize the proboat Miss bud because i dont have one, but according to the responses that ive seen there are both pros and cons....If you ask me my opinion on the Miss Vegas i will be glad to share it with you as ive been runnin one for two years..good luck either way! Bill

Hydro Rob,

could you post a link here to the upgrade parts, did not know the adjustable strut was available. Would love to have one on mine,

Doug

hey brother how gos it? 1st off what do you have gen1 witch has a straight shaft or gen 2 witch has a cable? let me know and we'll go from their. you dont need 3 400 bucks to mod this boat. shoot i had a dym.15 runing on 65% fuel and whooping some but. budweiserfreak is here.

Hey Rob

why don't you show me where someone told him to get rid of his proboat

and not just jump in head first into the shallow end of the pool.

one other thing for being unbiased, I am because I own both, 2 Elams (same hull as the Bud) and Vegas

and last thing anyone can fabricate a strut you are referring to its not rocket science.

I can do it using 1/8" angle..... not hard to do

why not all of us get more info on the problem and then work it from there???

oh and by the way......the 55MPH wasn't done with a proboat either I believe it was A-Z racings own design (Mach1)

I run with Johnny personally from time to time.

Hey Rob why don't you show me where someone told him to get rid of his proboat

one other thing for being unbiased, I am because I own both, 2 Elams (same hull as the Bud) and Vegas

and last thing anyone can fabricate a strut you are referring to its not rocket science.

oh and by the way......the 55MPH wasn't done with a proboat either I believe it was A-Z racings own design (Mach1)

hey bro you are wrong. the speed record was set by A-Z racing, with their gen 1 miss budweiser. 55 mph. and bro the gen 1 miss budweiser is diff from the gen 2 and the other pro boat hydros.

hey gary let me know witch one you have the gen 1 or the gen 2. straight shaft or the cable.

" it'll take to much $$$ time & effort to get what you see... not to mention it still wont be a boat that runs reliably/stablely.... Do you REALLY want to stick ANOTHER $300 into a $300 dollar boat?? Not to mention the time & work involved? You can get a new Vegas for under $300 and buy a .21 Novarossi/header/pipe for under $300 and be WAY ahead of a $600 Miss Bud"
Guppy- I think that means get rid of your proboat, And TCHed is wrong too, you and I know it cost a bit more than 300 bucks to get a properly working 21 vegas, so that is misleading. Guppy I can jump into the pool at any end, becasue i can swim, Unlike others I dont swim with sharks. And Unbiased not so much in the fact about owning both boats, but biased in the fact that people are quoting things here that they may have not done them selves or quoting doing things that do not have proven results. Guppy im factual and simple, you know that.

"oh and by the way......the 55MPH wasn't done with a proboat either I believe it was A-Z racings own design (Mach1)

I run with Johnny personally from time to time."-- Well it was done with a straight shaft, and since you run with him PERSONALY, why dont you ask him what nitro he was running, why the gps came out after the foam in the video, when it was put in before the foam?

"and last thing anyone can fabricate a strut you are referring to its not rocket science" whats wrong with just spending the 35 bucks and buying the RIGHT part?

Guppy you are wrong, im sorry, please do not challenge me again. I rather not engage in these conversations. Lets be leaders and not followers, and lets not kill RC model boaters one pond at a time here in IW! :)

I dont want to hear another thing until Gary responds.
Hold on guys,this is a friends boat and i am trying to help him out I told him to go here and check it out.How ever i have 1 of these rtr and i think it is the elem boat dont no because it is painted.it looks just like the miss bud but mine has a 18 in it and metal turn fin and hard ware have never ran it i have a gas hydro and some nitro tunnels that keep me very busy.Thanks for all the imput .Sure is hard to beat the gas boats .I have a stryker gen 2 hydro wirg a mod 260 and it just keeps on ticking .GOD BLESS

Good gawd... I've never had anyone respond like you HydroRob...

What I said was a fair assessment of the cost... what are a new engine, better tuned pipe, new strut & turn fin are gonna cost? Isnt $300 a fair approx? I just wanted to let Gary know what he is facing, not that he cant do it (and you put that "spin" on my words).

was going to stay out of this but dang Rob you have changed, billly i hope you dont stay cool billy stay cool.

was going to stay out of this but dang Rob you have changed, billly i hope you dont stay cool billy stay cool.
what?????? :ph34r:

opio what the heck, dont stay cool, stay cool. what is it man. lol. have a good one bro

Billy will point you in the right direction. Proboat parts PM me. Dont listen to these fools who break you down, lets make your PB fast as heck!
Hey Rob,

I would like for you to answer the question of where can I get an adjustable strut in this post so anyone that wants one can get one, does no good to pm this info.

thanks,

Doug

Hey Rob why don't you show me where someone told him to get rid of his proboat

I think somebody better get your facts strait.... Yes that 55 MHP is a first gen Miss Bud!!! Look at the video...and you call your selfs miss bud/proboat experts?? Somebody need glasses..All A-ZRacing hulls are mach1 T-4 hulls without rear tailfins and wings.. The O.S.18TZ that was in that first gen miss bud is now in there mach1 hull...I know this because I'm friends with KC&johnny.

If this arguing wasn't so rediculous it would be funny. If you all go back to post 1, the question was "How do I make my boat faster?", and to see all the arguing and cheap shots, how does this answer the question? Get real people, try giving constructive replies. I don't have a Pro Boat or a Vegas and have no real interest in either, but until you all can behave like adults, you're doing nobody any good

Back