how to set up a rtr pro boat miss bud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy will point you in the right direction. Proboat parts PM me. Dont listen to these fools who break you down, lets make your PB fast as heck!
Hey Rob,

I would like for you to answer the question of where can I get an adjustable strut in this post so anyone that wants one can get one, does no good to pm this info.

thanks,

Doug
requests are by pm only at this time.
Just doesn't make sense?

Doug

This has got to be the most un-informative thread ever..

Whats the issue???

Where do you get struts??

Do you get them from a certain somone and dont care to share his name???

Bet i could guess who???

This is just childish.. Who cares what hull went 55mph?? Was it yours?? Then who cares??

This thread needs to be shut down.

Unless you have somthing constructive to type, then dont type at all.

Ive tried to be nice, and stay out of this but rob you are rubbing people the wrong way. You want to call people fools and bark orders and stuff go back to rtr zone.

Im done and this thread should be too.

Gary if your still watchin,,sorry this went this way, there was no reason for it.

Alden

Hey Gary, I have the Formula Hydro, and love it. I have changed very little on it and it will keep up with or outrun most of the Vegas boats around here. I changed the prop to the grim racer 36x55, changed to a stealth pipe, removed the wing on the rear of the boat, not the verticles just the horizontal that bolts on, and changed the battery to a 2 cell 800mah li-po. (to get rid of as much weight in the rear as possible)

Then just sand (blueprint) the bottom of the sponsons. I am still running the stock engine and it's fast. Last time out it GPS'ed at 42mph. I haven't changed the strut angle yet but I plan to play with that some when I get time. The speed mine is at is almost at the hull's limit without doing some other mods.

I'm still running the stock rudder and turn fin, but I'm sure that can be made better, just haven't had any problems with them yet.

You could make your own adjustable strut..and Use the miss vegas adjustable strut setup plus the flex dive cable.. that what I did on my proboats... Made a bracket like some was making for the proboats..and used the strut and flex cable that on the vegas.plus using the vegas rudder too.You can also use a alum angle and cut the section off where it bolts under the hull..heres my thread on RCU about converting proboat over to adjustable strut setup..Visit My Website
gallery_3638_682_18715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we are getting it..

Very helpful info above,

setup is everything on any hull.. Once you get there it pays off big time.adjustable strut would help in this journey for sure.

once you feel your set up is good, then go on to the engine, simple mods and adjustments will wake up any engine.

One of the simple things to do is get your pipe length set,and this simple thing plays a huge roll on the way the engine runs.

Next would be head space, get her down around .008 thou.

More extreme stuff being, changed timing,reduced bubble volumes,modified sqish band,and carb mods or upgrade.

Almost all of the above costs nothing but your time...cant get better than that.

Alden

thank you very much misshydro, exactly what I was looking for and wanted in this post, The main performance issue that I have seen out of my proboat was the non-adjustable strut. Awesome info! ! ! ! ! ! ! :)

thanks a bunch,

Doug

that is exactly what I did with my proboat but Miss beat me to the post....

no problem......mine is similar to Miss Hydros' just has 2 holes to bolt the strut in place

rudderbracket.jpg

0507091941.jpg

probably cost $.75 to make it.

I used 1/8" x 1" x 1" aluminum angle.

no problem......mine is similar to Miss Hydros' just has 2 holes to bolt the strut in place
rudderbracket.jpg

0507091941.jpg

probably cost $.75 to make it.

I used 1/8" x 1" x 1" aluminum angle.
now i am not a "proboat" expert but i can tell you all this, try a mini hydro rudder and strut from speedmaster , they are about the same price as the aquacraft ones and a better product in my opinion.. and you can use the brass threaded inserts on the transom for installing them, the blade on the speedmaster is much thinner and the water pickup is more streamlined, should be better for speeds. the threaded inserts do not require a backup washer or nut and really slick to install.. try it out, im doing my miss bud right now and hopefully installing a modded tz 18 soon in it as well. thank you for your time.

tk

I'd used the miss vegas parts because I had them laying around..plus if I blow out a flex drive cable I can get a vegas one maybe cheaper.. You can find them on ebay.theres guys parting them out cheap..Sorry guppy that I beat you to posting the adjustable strut setup..

Back