How many heats a day

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

For a major race what is in your opinion or experience a good number of heats to run in about a 10 hour race day (8:30-6:30). I am just trying to see what others have experienced so I would like to hear from the Spring Nats guys, or Internats/NAMBA nats CD's. Thanks Tony J

For a major race what is in your opinion or experience a good number of heats to run in about a 10 hour race day (8:30-6:30). I am just trying to see what others have experienced so I would like to hear from the Spring Nats guys, or Internats/NAMBA nats CD's. Thanks Tony J
If you keep things moving, you may be able to do 6 heats per hour 10 minutes start to start. thats 60 heats.

Bruce Jacobs posted this count for the Masters three day race.

The count as of now with a few heats to top off we have 273 boats and 46 heats per round.

46 x 4 rounds = 184 divide by 3 days 61.33 heats perday

We are going to be tired I bet.

Get your game on,we have done 70-85 consistently when everything is going good....... Keys Be there on time we wont wait for more than a minute unless your back 2 back. Get the boat out fast and slow back in. Start the clock.

We ran a few 60+ heat days in the this years nats and in the past. If things do not move along, you will have trouble. I try and not do many of them. We had 2 days in 09. It is always nice to set the first day a little light. That way everyone can get the flow of things. 70 to 85 sounds really tough to do if there are any problems. Getting done earlier so everyone can go home is always nice to.

Mike

When we held the internats in Huntsville back in 97, our goal was 9 minutes launch to launch. Always have the retrieve ready to be pushed off when the last running boat gets back to the pit, out fast, in slow, and start the clock when the retreive boat hits the pit. If you eran a back to back, you better have your second boat on hte stand ready to go when the retrieve boat parks. No more than 30 seconds delay. We ran 11 hours 8:00-7:00 as I recall. Caqlculates out to 73 heats/day.

Get your game on,we have done 70-85 consistently when everything is going good....... Keys Be there on time we wont wait for more than a minute unless your back 2 back. Get the boat out fast and slow back in. Start the clock.
You don't want to mess with the E-Ville gang on this one. Been there, saw it happen.

They have an excellant crew, Mike has back up's for the stand, and look out for

Tom calling the pits.

Gene Taylor used to used to say shoot for a heat every 7 minutes and if you can do that your doing great. If you use a digital clock and let the 5 five minute count down clock run that is a good way to keep track of your time when that 5 minutes run out you better be putting the next heat on the clock.

Tony

When I CD and you don't have equipment problems, you can average 7 heat to the hour. You have to really educate your pickup boat drivers,though, that they must go out fast and come back slow. Pick up the dead wood and don't worry about water in the boat or radio switches. This is what slows down the race.

Latest posts

Back