How does the membership vote?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the IMPBA rulebook and/or Race flyers specify "Nitro" classes?

• Rulebook Yes/Flyers No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rulebook No/ Flyers Yes

• Both Yes

• Both No

• Total voters

BOBBYH

If you want to argue about it, see topic "F Hydro" . Just curious as to how the membership feels if put to a vote. Feel free to post your name, how you voted, why you voted that way and what you run. This hobby is supposed to be fun, but this "debate" seems to get out of hand at times and cause problems we shouldn't have. I vote No Rulebook, we have enough rules. Yes, race flyers should specify. Host clubs should know what the members in their area support and want. I run Nitro boats and am a member of both IMPBA & NAMBA. Bobby Halliday

I voted in the rule book. This way at national event it is known what we can or can't do. I also feel that if a club puts it on their flyer they should be able to run their race like they want.

My 2 cents,

C Herzog

BOBBYH said:
Good point about the National events Chris.
83378[/snapback]

This issue has been well debated, let's give it a rest. Agree, IMPBA has

enough rules, leave it up to clubs to call.

Twofastforu said:
I voted in the rule book. This way at national event it is known what we can or can't do. I also feel that if a club puts it on their flyer they should be able to run their race like they want.
My 2 cents,

C Herzog

83377[/snapback]

Absolutely correct. This is all I ever wanted in the first place. And it won't involve adding any new rules, just adding one word to an existing displacement chart. This puts the decision of combining squarely in the CD or host club's hands where it belongs. An easy fix but a basis for a heated debate that's for sure. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
BOBBYH said:
186 Views and only 25 votes???? No wonder the rulebooks never been changed!
83441[/snapback]

No surprises there as it is typical of any voting procedure. Not to mention those that voted probably account for at least half of the view count (I know I've gone back to look at the vote tally at least 6 times) What does stand out is that so far almost 75% FAVOR at the very least fixing the rulebook "loophole". More than half want both the book & race flyers. The explanantion for that? I think alot of boaters on both sides want to eliminate the grey, make it clear. The sad part is the current "administration" sees no issue here, even though whenever this comes up we all seem to go running for the flamethrowers & Nomex suits! <_<

I'll keep sayin' it, for the sake of a single word added we can end 99.99% of this & it won't even require a vote, it can be viewed as a technicial correction. But I guess that is too **** simple. :angry:

You're exactly right Don, but if people don't speak up, nothing will ever get done. The "squeaky wheel" theory, and apparently not enough people feel this needs to be changed because they're not making enough noise to the one's that can remove the gray area. If it stays like it is, it will be up to the Districts and Race organizers to decide if their area should run F classes as Open classes or just Nitro classes. Either way not everyone will be happy, but if it's specified on the race entry and you enter that class, you have no right to complain.

BOBBYH said:
186 Views and only 25 votes???? No wonder the rulebooks never been changed!
83441[/snapback]

This site is called international waters , not North American waters!

This site is also read by people who are neither NAMBA or IMPBA.

So what about an engine that runs on alcohol without nitro. I didn't vote because the solution you propose won't fix the entire problem. If I ran my one cube CMB in F class on FAI fuel,you would not see any problem. If I ran a Quickdraw 25 on Alcohol,I would be considered a "gas" boat in the "nitro" class.

This site is called international waters , not North American waters!This site is also read by people who are neither NAMBA or IMPBA.
That should fix em.

So what about an engine that runs on alcohol without nitro. I didn't vote because the solution you propose won't fix the entire problem. If I ran my one cube CMB in F class on FAI fuel,you would not see any problem. If I ran a Quickdraw 25 on Alcohol,I would be considered a "gas" boat in the "nitro" class.
It should say non-gas or glow. Good point. But like you say what if a converted gas engine was entered. Another good point and I would bet plenty of crying. It seems people are focusing on separating gas "people" from nitro "people". There really has been no arguement to why a gas boat cannot run with nitros. The agruement is that they (people) wanted to separate themselves so let them stay over there. "Let's cut all ties" seems to be the case. I don't think ANYBODY has has made a good point as to why a gas "boat" should not run with a "nitro" boat. Sad.

So that is why I vote rulebook, no. Flyers have always been up to the host club.

I know there's too many classes now, but a different fuel should be it's own class. It seems the best solution is to have the race flyer say F Nitro or F open. The problem seems to stem from boaters that have been running since before gas read "F" and "Nitro" as the same word and it's not. The gas guys are just entering a class they are eligible for. If F Nitro and F Open were offered at a race, I'd run both classes. You only get to run your boat for a very short period on a race weekend, why not take advantage of every class you can run without having to buy another boat? That's all the gas guys are doing. Please don't read into this I'd like another class added, the big races have a hard enough time running all the classes now. Thank you for keeping this poll civil and bringing up good points.

What Preston said.

After running the LSG rules for about 2.5 years it was apparent that they needed to be updated. *****, *****, *****, by members about the problems but no one took the initiative to present a rule change proposal as outlined in ARTICLE VII AMENDMENTS, page B-5& B-6 of the IMPBA rulebook. I organized a rules committee and we have just finished a revision of the LSG rules. We have worked since July 2004 to come up with a new set of rules, that are a compromise of various suggestions, that we believe will increase number of gas contestants and make it easier on the host CD. I personally spent over 200 hours on the project. At a recent Executive Board meeting the new LSG rules were presented by the National Gas Director and approved for a one year trial period and will appear in the March Roostertail. After the trial period, they will be reviewed for problems found during the trial period and presented to the membership for a vote in about Match 2006. This is the way you make changes to the rule book, not by continually bitching about some problem that you believe exists. It is not a "we", "they" thing. Learn to read the rule book and procede as outlined in the rules if you want a change. I think the existing Board is one of our best and they are open to member suggestions. However, they have to conduct their business as outlined in the IMPBA Rule Book. You have to be prepaired to do the same if you desire a change. QUIT BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING.

Rulebook No/ Flyers Yes

Dont need to tell a club what to do, most know what is in thier best intrest.

The view of this issue is quite different from other parts of the country.

Gas racers in many areas are not in a postion to run a race, so have to rely on the nitro clubs for the chance to start racing.

Most of the established clubs, running races would have more nitro than gas.

Adding classes can be a time problem for some races that want to run 4-5 rounds on a weekend.

A nitro club that will run open F classes encourages growth of the club, which is good. When the gas population gets big enough to go on with its own races the club benifits from more race dates and more time to run more racing rounds.

Some clubs/races have strong nitro and gas classes, some have weak nitro but strong gas classes, or strong intrest in gas and less or no nitro intrest.

With the growing intrest in gas all clubs will have members wanting to run and race gas boats.

Races I frequent have mostly nitro classes and gas classes that they know will intrest and draw some gas racers in, like open gas mono, open gas hydro or gas cat or gas sport hydro.

So the nitro guys have something to gain from gas boaters but have to watch out for the nitro guys not being overwhelmed by the upcoming gas boaters.

The we cant run nitro in gas is just whineing BS, sorry.

Latest posts

Back