How do you support your habit?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with working in a Hardware store. That's on my list of cool "Guy" places to work at or own. Junkyards are on my list too. R-R-R!

I am a retired school administrator. Been a JH Principal, HS princpal, Ath. Dir., Asst Supt , and an acting Supt. My claim to fame is that I was Butch Davis' Defensive Coordinator here in Okla. at a 5A high school while coaching. In case you are not a Cleveland Browns fan, he is the head coach for the Browns.I was a few years older that butch and thought I'd teach him a little "ball" when he hired me. NOT, the guy was a real student of the game. Great motivator, workaholic, and confident but not cocky. HE did give me credit for learning a few things about how to work with people and understand kids though. Have gotten a few cowboys tickets over the years. He owns a health and fitness club here in the tulsa area too. : :) ;D

Been in and out of boating for 20 plus years. Teach part time now and enjoy my time off.

Curt

Well you just name it. I've always busted my butt. I use to paint in a body shop. After that i worked and lived at Youth Town Of Tenn for 8 yrs where we took care of and lived with many abused and abandon children. There we raised our own cattle and hogs , grain and hay and gardens. This was a 24/7 job. After that I worked for local utility division 14 yrs in the mud as a senior pipe layer in the water dept . Also helped in the electric and gas dept. Just started a new job last june where I could slow down a little being I'm 44. Now i do total maintenance for a large private school. I have 71 roof top , 26 through the wall and 2 ground heat & air units to keep going. Do all the electrical and plumbing . ALL building maintance but not janitoral . Keep the tractors , mowers and weed eaters going for the grounds crew. We just work on every thing you can thank of and there is only two of us to do it. God I hope I live long enough to retire so I can be like my buddy Mr willie at MMBA. ;D

Seems like to me that we are all dudes with high mech ability that like to work with there hands ;)

Gene ;D

I always thought that this hobby seemed a little too technically advanced for the meek at heart. I am a systems engineer with Verizon,working on T1, Digital Muxes,Adsl,Isdn,and Ifas. Before that i was fixing stereo equiptment and repairing big screen tv's with a friend for a living. My fun (hobby) money comes from my dj work and mixed tapes sales. It is a welcome site to see other in the non tech fields as well. They bring the common sense into the sport that we should all respect.

I always thought that this hobby seemed a little too technically advanced for the meek at heart. I am a systems engineer with Verizon,working on T1, Digital Muxes,Adsl,Isdn,and Ifas. Before that i was fixing stereo equiptment and repairing big screen tv's with a friend for a living. My fun (hobby) money comes from my dj work and mixed tapes sales. It is a welcome site to see other in the non tech fields as well. They bring the common sense into the sport that we should all respect.

Do you notice a bit of a trend here?

The majority of respondents have some sort of technical background, or work with mechanical stuff for a living.

Not to many airline stewardesses or beauty pageant winners in this hobby. ;D
You haven't seen my mother have you? She is a real beauty! Don't get her started about stewardesses either, she might hack this site ;D

No, we haven't seen Hammermom yet. I know that it's not her in the avatar though! I haven't even seen a decent picture of you! How about it H-mom, got a pic?

I've been running mainframe computers for almost 20 years now.. Currently working for Big Blue, supporting some 10 different customer IT business. When not here, keeping the 30 acres up and running at home.

Back