How do I get my outboard up to temp???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Locke

Hello,

I`ve been running an HTB/Nova rossi/7.5 foot/Hopper pipe and I can`t seam to get the motor up over 200 c or even close with running no water cooling..........I realize the water is much cooler now, but I can`t seam to stop the water from splashing up from the lower unit and cooling the pipe - does anyone have any suggestion????

Thanks....Mike

Hello,

I`ve been running an HTB/Nova rossi/7.5 foot/Hopper pipe and I can`t seam to get the motor up over 200 c or even close with running no water cooling..........I realize the water is much cooler now, but I can`t seam to stop the water from splashing up from the lower unit and cooling the pipe - does anyone have any suggestion????

Thanks....Mike
Hello Mike, you can try and bend or shorten your pipes mounting wire, so you can mount the pipe closer to the head of your motor. In other words, the section of the pipe where the presure fiting is, will be closer to the engine head. Should help some. Minnesota where i live is about the same. Have to put the boats away soon. Richard D

I have run that set up and currently run the CMB RS engine with no water at all.

It runs great needles easy.

Brian

Mike,

Keep in mind that the 7.5 foot is a huge heat sink.Especially in cold water.

I live in Michigan and when the water is really cold,I made gaskets out of .010 phenolic meterial to put between the powerhead and the lower.It acts as an insulator.

Good luck

Hello,

I can`t seam to get the motor up over 200 c

Thanks....Mike
200 degrees C is 392 degrees F..........your motor has got to be almost glowing red when it comes in :D

I think what we have here is a slip of the finger on the keyboard.

Seriously.When we used to run record trials in Washington during the winter in the cold weather I would rip a rag into 3/4" strips and wrap it around the head of the motor about 1-3 times and hold it on the head with a couple rounds of electrical tape.That insulation would bring the motor temp up very quick.

I was at the pond with Mike testing on Monday and it appeared to me that there was a lot of

water splashing up on to the pipe and with the pond temp being below sixty it's not a suprise

that the boat would not perform.

Mike did have the pipe as high as it could go .

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Tim

I was at the pond with Mike testing on Monday and it appeared to me that there was a lot of

water splashing up on to the pipe and with the pond temp being below sixty it's not a suprise

Tim
Every tunnel has this problem.

Thanks for the all the replys.......A few good new idea`s for me to try,

I ment 200F.......thanks again for all the input, Mike

Tim
Every tunnel has this problem.

I think this problem is exaggerated by the fact that he is using the 7.5 foot on the 3.5 hull .

There seems to be a lot more water splashing up than the usual .

Tim K

Has anyone ever try taping up the pipe.You could first put alum foil so tape doesn't stick. Then high voltage tape thats silicone.

Mike,

Reduce your stinger diameter on your pipe a little at a time, it will build heat in the motor. :D

Try shimming down one size of brass tubing at a time,it should only take one size smaller to

build up more heat.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Back