HOT Sport .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
Hi All,

I just got some pictures in my email from a good friend Chuck Giesen. These are some Pic's of one of the winter builds he did. These plans are free plans from http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/plans.htm I believe the boat he built is the 1/13 scale Notre Dame , Yes these plans are FE but him and I both got plans from here and modded them for nitro (my boat wont look this good for sure, and I didn't hold true to design either). After speaking with Chuck tonight he asked if I could post these pics for him, I was more than happy to show this boat off.

Enjoy.

sport12001.jpg

sport12002.jpg

sport12003.jpg

sport12004.jpg

sport12005.jpg

Based on these pic's i think this boat will even look better in person, I cant wait to see it run (Hope it runs as good as it looks).

Awesome Build Chuck !!!

Thanks for sharing,

Paul

p.s. Everything is painted no decals so far :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya Bill i like the 12 riggers do you think are water would calm down for them to run. lol

I hear ya Bill i like the 12 riggers do you think are water would calm down for them to run. lol
Ya know Robert, although we have windy days in our beautiful state, we do get our share of calm days with water so flat that we kinda want to see a few ripples just to loosen the boats up so they'll GO!

Was just worried down here they might be to light but those RTRs run good in any water wife ran hers in Melborne wow that thing ran good in those waves. Maybe we can push for the 12s here in Fla

Nice job Chuck! If you guys come over to Flint this coming weekend, drag it along with you.

Bil and M@M, build some then show them off. We need people to help throw some seeds out there ot show others how fast and fun these little babies are. Until about the last year or so we've been trying to get the word out on any .12 boat but it hasn't caught on until recently

Nice job Chuck! If you guys come over to Flint this coming weekend, drag it along with you.Bil and M@M, build some then show them off. We need people to help throw some seeds out there ot show others how fast and fun these little babies are. Until about the last year or so we've been trying to get the word out on any .12 boat but it hasn't caught on until recently

im looking at the atlas van lines deal .. who makes a cowl for it?? anyone

terry

The cowl in the pic was layed up by Chuck, I am not really sure where you could get a cowl for these boats unless you made it custom.

Paul

Love that hull. I have a couple of them. The 27” version is much more stable than the little 22.5” hull. Both have lots of speed for a little bit of power.

Garry

:huh: chuck i've been building for 20 some years......... your making me look bad!

Nice boat .......

why didn't ya bring it sunday

Big AL

Here is an update on Chuck,s Sport.12 Notre Dame. I was fortunate enough to have Chuck let me take it home a couple of weeks ago and raced it this past weekeng against some .12 riggers. It was only the second outing for the boat so each heat brought more changes. By the last heat it was getting really close and was running as good as it looks. This little boat is one awesome piece. Now we just need to get some more so we can have a vintage .12 class. Round noses only. Bill Wachtler

That little boat runs every bit as good as it looks, and with Bill's set up abilities it will keep getting beter.

How do you get letters painted on like that.Vinyl cutter & mask film??? Very niiiiiccce ,the motor & pipe look at home coming through the cowl too.

Last edited:
Back