hot .18 engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

i just bought a used vegas with an os .18 tz . is this a good engine or is there a better one out there that makes more power,shane

i just bought a used vegas with an os .18 tz . is this a good engine or is there a better one out there that makes more power,shane

I raced against a Miss Vegas that had an .18 TZ in it....WOW was it FAST! Ive got a CVRM in mine...if the guy i raced against didnt have some bad luck he would have Smoked my boat but good! I would say that you have a good engine performance wise....as far as how well they hold up over time, i have no idea.

Yes It is great!

I have seen one in a Miss Vegas

Clint Chappel I think is his name

Thing ran FAST like as in 55mph

I would keep it in there

Good luck

Tz seems to be great, never owned one. I notice though that it takes more distance for the engine to get to top speed. I ran against a Tz and It was a fun time but he did not pass me. There are some options, os cvrm, go engine and there seem to be some new ones out as well. A modded CVRM non pull start is what i use, I have some go engines as well that work well. Here is a video of my CVRM against a 21 vegas and 18 proboat. But its to each its own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0wl-DRWcsQ
dang rob i love that video. my bud boats is so fast. when you coming out to the water man.

well the tz is a great motor i have over a gallon on mine and it is running strong as ever the tz will push the vegas to speeds up to the low to mid 50 so keep it in there and have fun if it is a pull start take it off and use a belt start and get a backing plate from tower hobbies they are like 10 bucks

well the tz is a great motor i have over a gallon on mine and it is running strong as ever the tz will push the vegas to speeds up to the low to mid 50 so keep it in there and have fun if it is a pull start take it off and use a belt start and get a backing plate from tower hobbies they are like 10 bucks
JOHN DO YOU HAVE A PART NUMBER FOR THAT BACK PLATE?

I have seen Clint Chapel's Miss Vegas with a TZ18 doing 50-55

I think there is a vid somewhere out there for the RTR record thing that was going on

Blazing fast

sure it wasnt that red proboat of johnnys only rtr i have seen or heard doin 55 and it did have a TZ, i had one in my vegas at one time, it was really picky if it wanted to run they do better leavin the truck head on it!!!!!!!

I also heard that the 55 mph proboat with the TZ went through quite a few parts before he got that video shot. I heard they destroyed several sets of bearings and a crankcase or two. This is all second-hand info, so take it for what it's worth.

he was also runing it on 70 percent nitro from what i herd

and rob to answer your questions about gps when my boat is finished i will send you a video of what it does also just cause you go out and buy a tz does not mean you are going to even be that much faster then a cvrm you have a lot of things to have just right to go fast but when i am done i will post all pics and video of my boat

sure it wasnt that red proboat of johnnys only rtr i have seen or heard doin 55 and it did have a TZ, i had one in my vegas at one time, it was really picky if it wanted to run they do better leavin the truck head on it!!!!!!!
I know Clint has done 50+...can't remember the exact numbers, but I saw the readout after he downloaded it.

Anyone seen Clint recently?? I have not talked to him in over 6 months...

I also heard that the 55 mph proboat with the TZ went through quite a few parts before he got that video shot. I heard they destroyed several sets of bearings and a crankcase or two. This is all second-hand info, so take it for what it's worth.
Ok I'm friends with KC&Johnny at A-ZRacing.. To get the facts wright here.. This is KC quotes..ummm well lets see.. the fuel was a mix of 50 and 30 so about 40%

and he did go through 1 engine bearing, but that motor was 2 years old

so we were pushing it

hes actually still running that same motor now

thats the one he runs in his mach 1 budweiser

so its still kicking

I posted this from my MSN measeneger..after I saw your reply ron..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm friends with KC&Johnny at A-ZRacing.. To get the facts wright here.. This is KC quotes..ummm well lets see.. the fuel was a mix of 50 and 30 so about 40%

and he did go through 1 engine bearing, but that motor was 2 years old

so we were pushing it

hes actually still running that same motor now

thats the one he runs in his mach 1 budweiser

so its still kicking

I posted this from my MSN measeneger..after I saw your reply ron..

not to get to far off topic but you should have seen the 21 Jhonny whooped me with last year. lol

Hi All,

For the money i recommend the GO engine. I have owned numerous O.S. engines over the years & i love them. But when i bought & tried the GO engine. I couldn't believe how stout the components are in it. I bought the .21 GO marine engine from Funboats.com & it is very well made. I have run it so far more than a dozen times with no problems. I use 65% nitro in it too. FYI.

Back