Hobby King Question-

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derret

This past summer I ordered some parts/motors etc. from Hobby King supply for a fun/club model I'm putting together-

This was my first time buying anything from them-

So far this has not been a good experience ( going on over approx. 6 months now)

All parts ordered were chosen from them as being 'in stock' (ready for shipping) on/from their web site-

After payment was made an invoice/ Paid in full statement was sent to me via email with 6 of 10 parts ordered were in back order-

I received the few parts & haven't received the remaining backordered parts paid for-

In trying to straighten this out I have not had any luck with Hobby King- they seem to have a loop in their accounting system that leads me.......no where.

Recently my account was credited with their 'Bonus Points' : $ credits against a future order-

And again, after ordering a few things, no parts shipped to me & the order now has some back ordered parts-

I have to think at this point that HKing is running a scam of some type- this is not fun on my part-

I have to think I won't get this straighten out-

Anybody have similar experience with these people that they care to relate?

The $ amounts here aren't real big, but like everybody else, I don't like to be ripped off like this-

Thanks-

Dave Richardson

CEO RPM Inc.(Ret.)

[email protected]

dave, i've never dealt with hobby king, but over on rcuniverse there are quite a few threads just like your post here. after reading about hobby king's "customer service" many times, i don't think i ever will deal with them. sorry for your issues, hope you can get it resolved.

I've bought from them with no problems so far. Everything I ordered was in stock. They slow on shipping however. Usually 2-3 wks.

ive never had any problems with them but u have to remember when you talk to there customer service that they speak English but don't understand English lol...I always order from the us warehouse and they are out a lot of the time....

I have made several orders from Hobbyking over the years and eventually received everything I ordered. Like mentioned above, they do take a long time to ship. Not only because the items are from China, but because they sometimes take a very long time to even ship things. There have been a few orders that went through customs...I suppose it is "customary" to take a lot of time, handle things roughly and not properly reseal and pack things.

I do feel better about ordering from The USA warehouse...but they still take a long time to package and ship orders.

NEVER order anything that is on backorder, and I try to keep my Lipo orders separate.

Hi Dave,

I've ordered many things from them over that years but on the advise of friends I always used paypal and as for me I've never had a problem. I have known some that had issues and because of paypal's policy for going after a supplier aggressively at least they got their money instead of a product voucher. I think you have 30 days to file a report with pp.

Thanks, John

Hi Dave,

I've ordered many things from them over that years but on the advise of friends I always used paypal and as for me I've never had a problem. I have known some that had issues and because of paypal's policy for going after a supplier aggressively at least they got their money instead of a product voucher. I think you have 30 days to file a report with pp.

Thanks, John
Dave,

I use PayPal with them never any problems.

Mike

Dave I do understand your feelings as I had a real bad experience with another chinese company(Hor Racing) so my advise as you live in the USA is support your local hobbies to avoid this waste of time.In the other hand I have made 65 orders with HK and can say that despite the waiting time to receive my parts I never had a single issue with them BUT I use Paypal payment to be in a safer side.as mentioned.Gill

I have made 30 orders with hobbyking. The only time anything was slow was when I ordered an esc. It was listed as low stock .it took 7 months lol no other order has ever taken longer than 2 weeks. In fact they have been better than tower for me
No problems here either other than a month wait from the HK location. Now I try and order everything from the USA warehouse. However even in the states It seems Tower takes forever, last order took ten days... Amainhobbies is where its at!!! Usually get your order in 3-4 days standard shipping!!!

I have never had a problem with hobbyking...only order stuff that is in stock,read the reviews on the products...if you like it,pay with PayPal.

One thing you have to be careful if you buy batteries from them is that they only warranty them 30 days from date of sale, so if it takes a few weeks to get them to you the warranty is almost gone by the time you get them. I bought $130 worth of 4 cell lipos (2 batteries) that within 3 cycles both had bad cells in them. They refused to give me any credit on them and I basically told them that they were going to loose a good customer over it and they have. I will not deal with them anymore.

Since first reporting an order problem with Hobby King approx. a week ago, my tries to contact these people(?) has not resulted in any results-

I guess this is SOP on their part: ripping off people-

I know I did pretty much all the 'jumping thru hoops' to get ordering correct with this crowd that all you guys have suggested-

I will add also that about half the stuff that I did get from them was not real top quality- one motor ran about 10 mins. total & died-

I have quite a lot of experience with boats etcetc- & know quality- to bad I would think the miseries that they can cause beginner modelers would be pretty large with operating this way-

Thanks to all for their replies & suggestions-

I guess I got done in for a few $$-

Dave Richardson

Dave I'm sorry to hear this kind of thing again but next time I would suggest to you get your parts from OSE..Steve Vaccaro has a great fast service.Gill

Dave I had a similar problem with parts missing 2 times in a row. I did the live help. the problem was with the address part it kept messing up when printed out for them to put label on package and was shipped to different state then returned to them. I would use the live help they are pretty good about fixing the problem you might have to talk to them 2 or 3 days in a row because most of the live help is in china. once I got help from live operator in uk he fixed it right away and overnight it to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back