HOBART 2013 ENTRIES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on motel information. Some have had problems getting a reservation at the Comfort Inn. Also, they are not giving the discounted rate that was originally disclosed. I would make your reservations at the Econolodge. It is just as nice or nicer.

Stu

Econolodge is the place to be. Just made reservations easy to deal with. ComfortInn, HORRIBLE. about 5-6 phone calls and they refused or could not take the reservation and not aware of the pricing. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I wonder if the Catholic Church is going to have there PORK CHOP dinner again. It was good and a great buy. The dinner by the City is always good.

WE hope to pitch our tent Tues about 7:00 AM. Just not enough time to test,So boats in the water early Tues. Leaving for Peru Sat AM and will will get back from central Europe about 2-3 days before leaving for Hobart. WE want to RACE!!!!!!!!!!! Hated the Muncie race had to be cancelled. Looking forward to see everyone at breakfast on Main Street in Hobert

Yah. Last year comfort inn only held the block rate for 5 days. They said that was all they offered. Nice, huh?

thanks for reminding me where its at. and also got my reservation today and they told me there were only 4 rooms left at the econolodge. so youmight want to hurry if you havent got it yet.

Bob is right on a description of Jersey Skiff racing. For more photos and description of Skiffs look at venomracing.com.They are absolutely a blast to race, and the spectators love it.

Harvey

Here are a couple of more pics of a Jersey Skiff. And yes it will be at Hobart

Jeremy isnt to far off on the "Bath Tub" description.

It may not go as fast as my sport hydro, but it is 10x more fun to drive. But I do feel for the retrieve guys. There are times it is less hassle to tow them back behind the retrieve boat.

-Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine went out in the mail today. Running SP 40 and Scale. Will see everybody on Wednesday. I got the last single bed room yesterday at Econolodge.

I can start to smell bacon and hear the cackle of Geraghty at the back table in the Bright Spot. This race can not get here soon enough.

I'll be there with the early morning Jams! hopefully the duck weed will stay at the other end of the lake this year!! no more Don F. doing doughnuts with the retrieve boat!

Back