History Lesson on Your Social Security

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's real easy to check out and verify if you don't believe it. Sometimes people need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised the following:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65% on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would

only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

Under Johnson administration the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore administration up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month --

and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put

away' -- you may be interested in the following facts:

Q: Which political party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democrat controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which political party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which political party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democrat Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: Jimmy Carter and the Democrat Party.

Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democrat Party gave these payments to them even though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens actually believe it! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me started Don. I am a 41 year old toolmaker and I will never get to collect what I am putting in to SS. I will be dead before I hit SS age or get to retire. Hey but on a brighter side everyone that comes to this country legal or illegal will get my share and they NEVER EVER put in a dime. Seems like a far thing don't it. :angry: :huh: :rolleyes:

I can think of a few people who should read this. Maybe they would think different about things then.

Don,

You only hit the obvious, the max per year is 6,045, and dont forget the matching part from your employer is also 6, 045, for a total of 12,095 , thats the max.

Either way the amount paid or deducted from your check is the half value, employer matching the other half.

Another note, Medicare, at 2.9% deduction, is the biggest free money doctor give away in the world, 60 billion just last year in fraud, think they need a police officer watching that. B)

Don hits the nail on the head again! He forgot to mention Obama (Democrat.)did a freeze on cost of living increaces to S.S, receipents. These are folks that are over 62 years old and health care costs increase every year. He also did a freeze on COLA increases to ALL federal employes. THINK ABOUT IT and VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started Don. I am a 41 year old toolmaker and I will never get to collect what I am putting in to SS. I will be dead before I hit SS age or get to retire. Hey but on a brighter side everyone that comes to this country legal or illegal will get my share and they NEVER EVER put in a dime. Seems like a far thing don't it. :angry: :huh: :rolleyes:
My last ss letter says I will be able to recieve ss at age 68 and then later in the letter it says only 75% of my age group will be able to recieve ss benys..... :blink:

I will be lucky if my Local 49 union stays alive and can recieve anything from them also... :unsure:

Gotta love the free give aways to your local neighbors down by you Mark!!! I'm staying north can't stand the southern area anymore...... Last time I was in Burnsville and drove around I couldn't believe all the section 8 housing..... Sad thing is with all my hard work and job choices I will probably die also before 68 and all your neighbors will be the 75% that gets to collect my ss benefits :angry:

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's real easy to check out and verify if you don't believe it. Sometimes people need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised the following:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65% on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would

only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

Under Johnson administration the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore administration up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month --

and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put

away' -- you may be interested in the following facts:

Q: Which political party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democrat controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which political party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which political party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democrat Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: Jimmy Carter and the Democrat Party.

Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democrat Party gave these payments to them even though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens actually believe it! :blink: :blink: :blink:
Don't forget that the U.S. Govt. originally acquired the idea from Adolph Hitler, a NAZI.
sad.gif
ohmy.gif

Think how I will feel, being 26 and having to wait even longer by the time I get there. But then again, its all OUR choice to stay in this country also.......... Just one more thing to think about.

I laugh when I get the little mailings from the SS administrations....

funny part on them is they still have the nerve to use the word insurance.

the argument I make is if it is truly insurance as it was intended well then there has to be some type of goal met, that most others weren't reaching. ie age 65 when SSI was first instituted was seen by something like 1% of the population (sorry to lazy to pull out the book with the stat... but I know thats really darn close)

so here the deal you pay car insurance. just because your car is not as valuable when you sell it do you get a check from the insurance company? nope... there has to be a goal met IE your car gets damaged and it meets a criteria you get money. but if you dont have insurance and your car gets damaged... you dont get any money.

so why should someone who does not pay into SSI get the benefit.

anyways enough of that rant.

anyone else find it humorous that the Schutzstaffel and Social security are referred to by the same two letters? ka-winky-dink... me thinks maybe not.

hope you dont mind but I borrowed that wholesale and placed it a few places...

Back