High winds in Washington

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Williamson

This morning Tacoma, Washington was hit by high winds and a large fur tree fell on Jerry D's house, plus trees across roads, etc.

JD and family ok, luckly was not in the house when the tree fell as it went through the roof and branches completely through both second and first floors. Word is there is a lot of damage. Needless to say there is no power and heat, not sure if LAN lines are working. Mobile service seems to be ok.

As soon as JD has power and Internet back up and running, he will be back on-line. Has his hands full at the moment.

On thing is for sure, he has plenty of wood now for making more boats!

Rw

Glad to here JD and family are ok. Thanks for the notice Russ!

JD if ya here me and need anything just say the word!!!

Ron Byrd

Nr 1: people are okay. I still need that doc you tried to sent me JD.

Second : I hope you have a good insurance to build up the place.

Ronald.

I was watching The Weather Channel last night and saw that they were getting some nasty stuff that way. I'm glad to hear that JD is OK.

We had some weird weather here last night also. It's rare that we have 60 degree temps here in February, much less wind warnings, thunderstorms and to top it off, tornado watches!

Just got my cable/internet service up and going about a half hour ago. I have all kinds of photos - digital cameras are really great. I just need to reduce them so I can post a few.

The tree hitting the house gave it a pretty good smack.

1. 9 roof rafters broken

2. Basically trashed the master bedroom bathroom and closet.

3. Poked a hole through the ceiling in the family room.

4. Another branch poked a hole through the wall of the guest bathroom.

5. Tore gutters off the house(kinda odd because we were planning on replacing them anyhow and now the insurance will cover it).

6. My front and back yards are a mess with two uprooted stumps in front and the one in back that hit the house.

But, lucky in many ways. :)

1. The limb that punctured the family room ceiling missed a water supply line by about an inch. Had the supply line been broken, we'd have basically lost the ceilings/rugs, furniture, other stuff for about half the house.

2. The weather was cold and clear. Rain would have really messed up the situation with the roof being broken.

3. Nothing in the boat shot was even scratched!!

4. A remodeling contractor I have delt with was able to begin repairing the damage the next day.

5. My wife is getting the opportunity to have all new bathroom fixtures and closet organizers.

6. We're living in the house while the repairs are being done.

I'll post some photos later. Thanks for all the PMs.

JD

Just got my cable/internet service up and going about a half hour ago. I have all kinds of photos - digital cameras are really great. I just need to reduce them so I can post a few.

The tree hitting the house gave it a pretty good smack.

1. 9 roof rafters broken

2. Basically trashed the master bedroom bathroom and closet.

3. Poked a hole through the ceiling in the family room.

4. Another branch poked a hole through the wall of the guest bathroom.

5. Tore gutters off the house(kinda odd because we were planning on replacing them anyhow and now the insurance will cover it).

6. My front and back yards are a mess with two uprooted stumps in front and the one in back that hit the house.

But, lucky in many ways. :)

1. The limb that punctured the family room ceiling missed a water supply line by about an inch. Had the supply line been broken, we'd have basically lost the ceilings/rugs, furniture, other stuff for about half the house.

2. The weather was cold and clear. Rain would have really messed up the situation with the roof being broken.

3. Nothing in the boat shot was even scratched!!

4. A remodeling contractor I have delt with was able to begin repairing the damage the next day.

5. My wife is getting the opportunity to have all new bathroom fixtures and closet organizers.

6. We're living in the house while the repairs are being done.

I'll post some photos later. Thanks for all the PMs.

JD
Your Lucky JD but since your wife is getting some new stuff now is the time to ask for a new boat Lol just kidding. Keep us posted....Mike

Glad to hear nobody was hurt and things are progressing on getting things back to normal Jerry. I can feel for you, Hugo messed our place and lives for a while. Hope normalcy come your way soon! :D

Great news.Hope all is well.Glad to hear everyone is Good.

Good Luck with everything

Ed.R

Considering thousands of homes were destroyed by Katrina, the damage to our home was minor. Of all the photos I took, this one is my favorite.

I call it "Mother Nature's Handicap Grip." Had I been sitting "On the Throne" at the time this happened, it definitely would have "Scared the $%&* out of me."

JD

Considering thousands of homes were destroyed by Katrina, the damage to our home was minor. Of all the photos I took, this one is my favorite.

I call it "Mother Nature's Handicap Grip." Had I been sitting "On the Throne" at the time this happened, it definitely would have "Scared the $%&* out of me."

JD

HOLY $%& !!!

Here's the tree against the side of the house. I was out of the house, but what a helpless feeling to watch something like this happen.

JD
Hi Jerry,

I'm really sorry to hear about the damage to your home. Thank God you and your family was not hurt. I must say I admire your sense of humor ( Natural handicap rails) :lol: I hope all will return to normal soon for you and your family. It was nice seeing you at the Grand Prix Cup, and looking forward to seeing you at the NAMBA Nats!

Gary :)

JD
Now thats what I would call layin'down a log! ;)

Here's the tree against the side of the house. I was out of the house, but what a helpless feeling to watch something like this happen.

JD
Jeeze....you will do anything for new gutters and a new roof. :D

You are lucky that it was the tree in the back yard that fell.As I recall the tree in the front yard is even larger.

What was Maren doing while all this was going on?

re: what was Maren doing?

Maren was 90 miles to the south staying with our son, Paul, his wife, and our grand daughter. I missed my grand daughter's 2nd birthday party last Saturday.

However, they came up on Sunday and I got to help Helen with her first r/c experience - running a Mini Quake truck.

JD

Dang just read this...... :eek:

Man that was one BIG A** TREE!!!! Glad yall are OK Jerry,

That grand daughter is a cutie pie ;)

Gener B)

Glad things are going OK. Sounds like you have the situation under control (As much as can be) Didn't realize it was your house I was watching on tv for 2 days. This is a heck of a way to get your 15 min. of fame on TV. Take care JD I'll see you in a couple weeks. Greg :)

Back