Hey Toronto: What is the status of XLSH?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Whitehead

Metro Marine Modelers, what are the rules for your XLSH class experiment?

I am in. I do need to know exactly what the rules are though. I have heard enough rumors of brushed this and brushless that. What are the specs?

KW

P.S. What is up with some bureaucrat nit-wit investigating Don Cherry? Are the French-Canadians really that thin-skinned?

If your politicians start up a government investigation over something as trivial as Don's statement, they need something to keep themselves busy, like a job!

KW shouldn't you be bustin your tail making me that hydro?

It's only been 5 months now!!! :D

Hi Kevin, This is what we have schedualed to run 1/2 of the season, The other half will be Q-offshore.

1. Sport Hydro Hull -29 inches min length (Namba Q-Sport Rules)

2. GRX Motor (available from or Ken J)

3. Drive, Direct, Flex Shaft or Straight Shaft

4. Cells, 20 Sub C

5. Laps Required, 10

At our last meeting it was agreed that if a Q sport BL boat showed at a club race, they would be allowed to race(18 cells max)while the GRX powered boats can run 20 cells max. Depending on the amount of enteries this may not apply for the Cnd Nats

Heres our club sched for the year http://www.lousfastrc.com/MMMFE.htm

Any deviation from NAMBA or IMPBA rules will be posted well ahead of the Sept 4&5th Cnd Nats

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
AAN said:
Hey Zippy, it's a hydroplane, not a snowmobile! You won't need it for a couple more months! :D

KW

Kevin Whitehead said:
AAN said:
Hey Zippy, it's a hydroplane, not a snowmobile! You won't need it for a couple more months! :D

KW
Zippy huh?

How bout me zippin up to MI and getting my plans back and show YOU how to enjoy the winter months!!!! :lol:

You must be movin as fast as molass' is right now!

Just to clarify, we are strongly considering the use of 20 cells for this class. I think the current rules are based on 18 cells. As noted by others, the GRX seems to have a "sweet spot" at 20 cells, and these big boats will benefit from the extra power. We realize that by going to 20 cells, we may be a bit offside with other nationally affiliated clubs.

This 20 cell questions has not been finalized yet by a club vote.

Right now I think we have three members with finished hydros and more underway. We have enough for a class at our first race on April 18.

Cheers RvE

Ralph

The newly created class was proposed from the outset (by some Toronto,Cleveland & Michigan club members) as a 20 cell spec motor class - hence the name XLSH. If the class had been intended as an 18 cell class it would have been referred to as QLSH.

Thanks for the clarification Doug.

I am very interested to see how these big, brushed motor, boats do on our first race date in April! Should be quite a sight to see 3 or 4 of these big hydros roaring around the pond.

Cheers RvE

Back