Hey Jerry, 2004 NAMBA nats in RCBM?????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowebar

Hey Jerry,

Any new why the coverage was so terrible in the RCBM? I was excited to see that this issue had both the Nitro and Electric Nats articles. Then I saw that they merged the two events into one article and gave each one a whopping 2 paragraphs about the weather and hotel location!

Fortunatly there were several aticles about Ready to run (go no where fast) electric boats. Ya right! I want my money back!

Ya, I know, the two biggest pictures in the mag are me and my Bardahl, but I don't care about that. I want to know how you guys did with what boats, motors, props, etc.

What happened Unc?

Dick

Hi Dick,

Well, a lot of hours at the keyboard ended up in their website and not in the magazine.

Because race results are often available on websites - results of the 2004 NAMBA Nitro/Gas Nats were posted almost as they occurred on NAMBA.com - the magazine sometimes backs off on listing results.

After I send in the text, I have no control how/ or if it is used.

JD

Jerry Dunlap said:
Hi Dick,
Well, a lot of hours at the keyboard ended up in their website and not in the magazine. 

Because race results are often available on websites - results of the 2004 NAMBA Nitro/Gas Nats were posted almost as they occurred on NAMBA.com - the magazine sometimes backs off on listing results. 

After I send in the text, I have no control how/ or if it is used.

JD

98451[/snapback]

Thanks Unc!

I just heard from Rick Eyrich who did the same as you for the Electric nats. He worked his tail off, sent in a ton of pictures and then nothing.

I've always been a big supporter of RCBM. I also realize they need to keep things going with all of the electric toy boat reviews, but there has alwasy been at least a few "real" storys to keep me interested. The nats stuff have always been the ones I look forward to the most, but maybe they figured there weren't enough guys like me and that they'd sell more mags with entry level reviews. I know it's a business, I'm just a little dissapointed.

BTW, I did go to the RCBM site but no results as yet. Since this is the Aug 2005 issue I hope I don't have to wait till Aug to see the pics and results online?

Thanks again Unc,

Dick

Dick and others. Take your comments over to www.radiocontrolzone.com . Matt has some postings in there on your opinions of the current issues. I too felt that what appeared for the NAMBA events was nothing more than space filler, a real disappointment after what Jerry just said.

As a side note, Matt has asked me to do some articles for RCBM and some of what happens to Jerry, Rick, John and other contributors is what I'd worry about also with my submissions if I decide to take Matt up on his offer.

What has pissed me off is the lack of IMPBA coverage but I suppose that people in other sanctioning bodies feel the same way.

Nothing against electrics but that past few issues have had way too much of it. There is a lot more out there that needs its share of print.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Olson said:
Dick and others. Take your comments over to www.radiocontrolzone.com . Matt has some postings in there on your opinions of the current issues. I too felt that what appeared for the NAMBA events was nothing more than space filler, a real disappointment after what Jerry just said.
As a side note, Matt has asked me to do some articles for RCBM and some of what happens to Jerry, Rick, John and other contributors is what I'd worry about also with my submissions if I decide to take Matt up on his offer.

What has pissed me off is the lack of IMPBA coverage but I suppose that people in other sanctioning bodies feel the same way.

Nothing against electrics but that past few issues have had way too much of it. There is a lot more out there that needs its share of print.

98470[/snapback]

Thanks Ron,

I just popped over there and posted a note. Not sure it will make any difference. It would be sure be nice to see more NAMBA and IMPBA info though.

Dick

Ron and Guys,

I sent a nice article on the 2004 IMPBA Nats to Matt last year right after the race. It included professional photos of the race ( 10 nice shots ) and a 2 page article. I fully expected it to run sometime. All i got was an email that said " nice pics". I won't make that effort next time. It is too bad. Very few of my friends are subscribers to this mag for the reasons that you have listed above.

:(

Brian

IMPBA Treasurer

I too have seen this all to often......there are alot of great events in Namba and IMPBA that never get the coverage they deserve.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a magazine totally devoted to the RACER in North America with coverage for other parts of the world as they are submitted.

Reports could be submitted by all districts of Namba and IMPBA for all or most of the races in those areas.

Sometimes its nice to be recognized for your achievements by fellow boaters and have a few minutes of fame here or there.

With the computer age, articles and picture submissions would be a breeze.

Just might have to start a national organization dedicated to the racer. Yearly dues would help to pay for the cost of printing and mailing the magazines. Great way to see whats happening all over the world.....

:p Oooops.....I'm dreaming.....back to work..... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got my renewel notice a few years ago, I wrote a letter saying I would not be renewing. I was disappointed that they were not covering the 2002 NAMBA nats. This was one of the 2nd largest race at that time. We had over 700+ boats. I package it up with the renewel and sent it in. Did not hear a thing from them. I have never even look at one since. I was not all that thrilled with the content up till then anyhow. The no coverage pushed me over the edge. Don't miss it. Good ridens.

Mike

I know that somebody wanted to do some coverage of the 2003 Internats and heard that it wouldn't be published even if it was submitted.

Rags like RCCA seem like they cover 2 kids playing in their yard while we're getting snubbed with things that matter to us. Matt is trying after following Gerry's footsteps but the magazine still has a way to go. I'm glad that Chianelli is gone, he really shows how stupid he is on that TV show.

Latest posts

Back