HELP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

Three yrs ago I build JD 7.5 WOF tunnel and love the way it runs and handle but when going into a turn it likes to turnover . would be greatful for some help in this matter. have tried diff. thing. :)

Stephen,

Here's a couple of suggestions - maybe you have already tried them:

1. Set the prop depth so the c/l of the prop is even with the bottom of the sponsons.

2. Set the prop thrust angle so it is parallel with the bottom of the sponsons.

3. If the boat is too loose with this setting, add lead to the sponson tips.

4. Run an Octura X447 prop.

Good luck,

JD

3. If the boat is too loose with this setting, add lead to the sponson tips.
JD...(or anyone else)...would it help or hurt to add lead to just one sponson tip?

re: lead in just one sponson tip

Ahhh, jeez, that's an interesting question. I really never thought of trying that. And, I'm not sure I would now that the question has been asked. Seems like the best way to balance a boat would be both front and back(establishing the C/G) and side to side to keep the boat level when running at full throttle. That's just my take on balancing a tunnel.

JD

Lead in only one sponson tip is not a good thing. It could cause the hull to rollover even worse than before. I did something similar way in the past and it did not help. Recommend following JD's advice, put the lead in both tips.

PJ,

Let's just say that life got very busy for a while. I was preparing to:

Finish a college class I was taking <_<

Go home for Christmas

get married

buy a house

enjoy what little time I had back in the states. :ph34r:

But that's all done now and life has let up a little bit. I'm going to start working on one of JD's Wofs pretty soon so I can have another boat come this summer.

Thanks for the comment,

Bryan

Back