Help with mounting radio box on Vision 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanWeidner

I am getting back into rc boats and have always built wood boats where the radio box was built into the boat. My first boat back is the Vision 20 which I am trying to figure out how best to mount the radio box.

I've read about different methods but have questions. For instance, epoxying it to the hull, sho goo, Velcro (not sure if the Velcro stickem will with stand nitro), mounting wood under box and use screws to attach to, and rubber bands (not sure I have enough room to anchor).

I'm looking for ideas as to how others have mounted their radio boxes and include pictures,if possible, and anything I need to watch for in preparing for adhesion to the hull.

Thank you for your recommendations!

I used the marine version of shoe too. If I had it to do over again, I would use either ultragrey or ultra black silicone. My vision got tboned, the radio box bond busted up the deck pretty bad! Silicone has held tanks & other radio boxes in just fine for me, I think the shoe too was overkill. Thin piece of wire cable will cut it right out, just clean & sand/prep like any glue joint.

Dan,

I used clear silicon in my Vision 20. You could probably do just as well with something like E6000 or what was mentioned above.

-Joey

Double sided tape, the kind for car moulding. Solid and can still be removed. Just make sure to sand the bottom of the box flat

Back