Help with 90 SprintCat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If I put shaft on the 'v' the prop will be 5mm to one side, you telling me that's been done on purpose by Aeromarine???"

Absolutely.

Think about it for a minute. What could you possibly gain by this offset??

I'll give you a clue.............

.................you're countering this particular force. :blink:

Well Don, I know about that ... I set-up my last mono with 1.5deg offset on shaft alignment to counteract the effects of prop torque.

However my assumption for the SprintCat having a mould error comes about because:

. The plans make no mention of an offset v either graqphically or typographically;

. A 5mm shift equates to a 6% movement of the centreline, pretty excessive in my view; and

. It's a Cat Hull which I wouldn't think needs any prop offset because it's got two bloody long hulls with a tunnel in the middle.

So placate me please, assure me this is exactly how Aeromarine intended it, and you don't think the 'intentional' shift in v is too excessive in my particular hull and that Aeromarine are lazy!! for not mentioning it in their plans...

:rolleyes:

"The plans make no mention of an offset v either graqphically or typographically;..."

That may very well be, but not correcting blueprints, even typos, happens every day & in things far more complicated than our toy boats. Take it from someone who knows........ :blink:

Keep building, you'll be happy with it. I know 'cause it'll be set just like mine! :p

Don

Is it the same with the 36in versoin

---------------------------------

When The Red Flag Drops The Bullcrap Stops

Back