Help! I'm scared to build a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
preston if you can , pour decial (wrong spelling) fuel by the door way and along side the shed snakes dont like decial fuel.

I'll send my wife and daughter down there, Preston. The other day my wife called me at work to tell me matter-of-factly that she'd caught a snake in the yard and put him in a bucket so I could check him out when I get home. By the time I got home my daughter had gone to wash the car, looked in the bucket, and just dumped him out of the bucket so she could use it. They ain't skeered.

TimD said:
If you find one here you can call the wildlife rescue people and they will come and catch them for you
We catch by hand in Newcastle, lots of bush around and they love getting near the warm engines in the cars.

Here is one we caught earlier this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, preston, All! Don is right, the snake(s) are there due to the availability of food, if you poison the mice, they may go away.... Im wonderin, (im a herper, i.e.) i keep chameleons, frogs and such as pets, had a few snakes too. Living in Iowa, sucks for keeping reptiles..... we do okay though. Try to plug any ground level entrances no matter how small, i.e. caulk, expandable foam, etc, the snakes are hunting, whether its crickets, mice etc, take the food... solve the problem! If i still did snakes id have ya ship him to me!!! I think i did hear the solution also of diesel, they wont crawl over it.... dont know for sure. good luck! mike

****, snakes! All I have to deal with are deer, that eat everything and racoons the size of german sheppards.

Aren't those really long black snakes the one that eat the water moccasin snakes?? Huuummmm, I'm curious if the snake would try and bite a spinning prop?? Man, what a mess that would be!! :eek: :eek: Could you imagine a snake bitting onto a 457 at full rev.... :lol:

Preston_Hall said:
Move up north.. all we have SKEETERS.. and COWS..
I could maybe give you a run on the skeeters.
Skeeters you say? One of the everglades finest was in the kitchen. Notice the red belly? 2" wingspan on this baby! :blink: -

110235610001642croppedreduced.jpg

When I lived in Austin TX, I had Rattle Snakes at my front door on a weekly basis. Not to be outdone by the Tarantulas hanging from the ceiling in the garage. Don't forget the scorpions that somehow found their way into the frig.

Now that I'm in Lyndhurst, OH, I only have to deal with the dog not being able to tell the differance in our cat and a skunk.

"Now that I'm in Lyndhurst, OH, I only have to deal with the dog not being able to tell the differance in our cat and a skunk."

LMAO!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Don and Joe,

That D*** snake missed my face by about 2 inches when it struck at me and the lower half wrapped around my forearm. I almost tore the shop down trying to get out. All I could find to kill it was a hacksaw blade.

When I went over today i carried my granade launcer and the 500 S&W.

War is War, ;)

Kentley

ClayGlover said:
Preston_Hall said:
Move up north.. all we have SKEETERS.. and COWS..
I could maybe give you a run on the skeeters.
Skeeters you say? One of the everglades finest was in the kitchen. Notice the red belly? 2" wingspan on this baby! :blink: -

110235610001642croppedreduced.jpg
Holy cow.. (sorry its a wis thing) that skeeter is a nasty little dude.

Fight fire with fire.. how about a Tiapan..

K-ZAM said:
Hey Don and Joe,
That D*** snake missed my face by about 2 inches when it struck at me and the lower half wrapped around my forearm. I almost tore the shop down trying to get out. All I could find to kill it was a hacksaw blade.

War is War, ;)

Kentley
I can see it now! Preston's going to be calling 911 by week's end. KP is going snake hunting and the garage goes up in flames when the diesal Preston put around it gets struck by a tracer round.

Preston-The reason the snakes are there is because there is food, otherwise known as mice. Get rid of the mice & you get rid of the snakes. BTW- the black snake is a good snake but if this "brown" one you speak of had actual "fangs" that you could see then that's a poisonous one whichever it was. There is a simple rule in this area, if it's head transitions fairly smoothly into the body, like a black snake, garter snake etc. then it's non venomous. It the head is triangular like a water moccasion or copperhead then that is definitely bad news & don't F#*& with it. Typical non venomous snakes are usually more afraid of you than you are of them but the poisonous ones tend to be aggressive which leads me to believe the one that bared it's fangs is one to keep away from.
None of us chickens are sticking around long enough to see anything other than a snake. :D Remember the cartoons where the toon goes though the wall and leaves a profiled hole. I think it could be done.

I have had rat poison out since last year when I moved in. I would always see them and their left-behinds. Never saw a snake though. The mice disappeared shortly after the poison. I haven't seen any mice this year, poison is still out. I would tend to agree about the food issue for the snakes, but I just don't see the mice or their left-behinds.

The trap thing sounds like an idea. All I could think of was to glue a mouse to a long dowel. The snake swallows the mouse and dowel and you have a snake on a stick. :lol: He wouldn't be able to slither away.

I'll send my wife and daughter down there, Preston
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If nothing else comes of this, at least I don't have to worry about Kentley borrowing stuff anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe_Knesek said:
K-ZAM said:
Hey Don and Joe,
That D*** snake missed my face by about 2 inches when it struck at me and the lower half wrapped around my forearm. I almost tore the shop down trying to get out.  All I could find to kill it was a hacksaw blade.

War is War, ;)

Kentley
I can see it now! Preston's going to be calling 911 by week's end. KP is going snake hunting and the garage goes up in flames when the diesal Preston put around it gets struck by a tracer round.
I'm sharpening the marshmellow sticks as we speak! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well at least now all you guys have a good reason to keep a good supply of fire crackers handy! Just light, huff and [SIZE=14pt]POW[/SIZE] angry rodents and vermin! :lol: :lol:

BLACK MAMBA! you can come pick up some thunder crackers and bottle rockets if you dont mind the long drive :lol: try smoking it out. close all the windows and doors, and put a roll of toilet paper in there, and let it burn :D works for getting rid of gophers

"Skeeters you say? One of the everglades finest was in the kitchen. Notice the red belly? 2" wingspan on this baby! "

While the size of that mosquito is impressive, the Asian Tiger mosquito is the nastiest. It is the only "day biter". We got 'em around here & they are mean little bastards! :angry:

Don Ferrette said:
"Skeeters you say? One of the everglades finest was in the kitchen. Notice the red belly? 2" wingspan on this baby! "
While the size of that mosquito is impressive, the Asian Tiger mosquito is the nastiest. It is the only "day biter". We got 'em around here & they are mean little bastards! :angry:
Try visiting Louisiana. The Skeeter is their state bird.

Latest posts

Back