Hello from Andy Brown

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Gentlemen! Andy, if Marty doesn't want you over there, we'll gladly take you! I got to meet your brother and sister-in-law at the Internats this past year, both very nice people.

Dave, I'm a member of your site and we need some more people in here from your side of the pond.

Don't worry about multiple page threads, we have some big ones in here.

Oh yeah, currently 34 F and a lot of the white stuff! Not good boating weather. :(

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Andy,

Glad to see you decided to stay in the web. Would be a shame to loose access to your knowledge and your stimuli.

Bill

Well Andy it looks like we will have some fun over here. Hey, how do you like being marked as a newbie under you name? :blink: yeah, made me laugh too, this should be a much better time over here! :D :D :D :D

Andy I have been booted from that site 6 time and with no explanation or return email from Marty so don't feel bad you made it longer than I did. There are good people there and here and on many other sites maybe others will come over.

Welcome Andy!

I always thought your posts were great. Knowledge is power! Bring it on to Intlwaters!

Ed Radz

Welcome aboard Andy,

Couple of quick questions when you get time. Recently acquired 2 of your 45-Parabolic pipes. Need a suggestion on length for two hulls both running Picco 45 Blackheads timed at 187. One is a Microburst, x450/3; the other is a Phil Thomas Sport-40, 1455 (slightly pitched up). Both previously used standard OPS pipes with "can" mufflers and performed well. I have run your pipe on a Picco Blackhead 45 in a Crapshooter (same timing), stock 1657, at 9 inches (or a little less) and it consistantly runs 78-80Mph (best radar pass at 82). Haven't found the "sweet spot" on the others yet. Rich:D

Well this is a little "OFF TOPIC" hope someone does'nt put a block on this thread. LOL!!

Anyway, The Picco 45 may like the Brown 45 parablic very short. Shorter than we use it on the MAC 45. When I ran the Picco 45 Blackhead I used a very similar pipe design at 8 3/8"with 190 degrees of exhaust and a 1462 cut to 57 mm. 83 mph for drivable heat racing. This was in 1998.

I think the Picco will be best with something less than 9". Just remember, you are asking the engine to rev, so you will need work the prop till the engine is happy.

Reduce the cup on those props that you are using.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Andy can you tell us what us going on with the Currrent Production Mac 84 Engines. I hear you have changed a few things from the start of Mac engines. What are some Performance Settings on Head Volume, Head Clearences, Pipe lengths,Rotor timing, Transfer timing? Ex Timing? I have recently purcahsed 2 New MAC 84`s and the A/B pipes & want to come out of the Box Racing. What are the numbers on the Mac 84`s? What is the head Volume? How much Nitro can you run with the Current stk head volume? Are any Mods required on the Current Design 84 engines? I plan to check these numbers But would like to know the intended numbers. Joe W

:unsure: Hello Again Andy, Welcome aboard. Now all I need is to be reinstated here myself? new site that does not remember me :huh: Be back in here myself soon enough. Scott

Hey Joe W.

What's the world coming to? Andy and Don on IW and Joe W with MACs? LOL

Next thing Tom M. will be running Twin 90's! :D lol

Glad to hear you got some MACs.

I'm gonna let Don Ferrette answer that one for you. He's the guy who just ran 108+ mph with the MAC on an 80+ degree day. I think he know's what is needed to make them run.

Good Boating,

Andy

Andy- go back & check the automatic log in feature, that way you 're on whenever you're here.

Wild Joe- Latest MAC 84 - go 60% nitro, .013" head clearance should be the ticket. In a hydro go with the AB67 pipe set at 11", in a mono I think the parabolic would be a tad better, 11" to 11 1/4". DON'T over-prop! Even though these motors will fool you being able to launch a big blade, they like to sing a little! Run the motor box stock. Yup, you heard me right - BOX STOCK. The new piston & sleeves are on the money port configurations & timings, piston is ported & skirted, sleeve transfers slotted to match piston ports. New drum rotor is ramped in the front, works great. Above all DO NOT let anyone talk you into changing the carb. The stock carb works great! The motor base idle speed will be a bit higher that you may be used to (carb barrel open 1/3 to 1/2 way at idle) so it will stay running on shore as she will seem bloody (said that for Dave M. LOL!!) rich. Don't get it lean on shore to the point it clears right out when you pull the trigger, it will be too lean in the water. That's all there is to it. Sound too easy?? The MAC 84 is the first motor I haven't had to take a dremel tool to it (& I've done ALOT of motors) to make it perform. My MAC 84 at SAW was 100% completely STOCK! If the weather would have been where it should have been 108 would have been a warm up pass. You're gonna like those motors, I know I do! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm not a regular here, but I snoop around sometimes. Welcome Andy, Dave Marles, Don Ferrette, Eddie Barnes, and other all you other fugitives from rcboat.com. You guys got booted? - That's the funniest thing I ever heard. Their loss, for sure. And what's wrong with a long string? That means people are interested. Who's left over there?

Hi Andy!

Steve Hill here, I am the guy that use to hang out with Ed Hughey. I was there when you broke 100 for the first time! It's good to see you on the board!

Don I`ll take you advice on the Engine set up. & Yes it took a long time for me to come around to MAC. But I will be running them in 04. Now I need a NEW TWIN to put them into.... Thanks Joe.

Welcome Andy, I just jumped ship myself. B.C. can talk to himself, he will always get a positive responce. Ray

Latest posts

Back