HEAD PITTING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzy dean

have a blown os xm, burned a hole in the piston :eek: . anyway, the head has minor pitting, do i not worry about this and rebuild it?

if i turn it down to clean it up, i will lose my c/r.

so what are my options, this needs to be done by sundays club race.

we have a new p/s &rod,

snafu, :blink:

thanks,

tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how bad the pitting is. If its bad enough, it will cause hot spots (which can cause pre-ignition/detonation), and start drilling another hole in your new piston....

Knowing your lathe skills, I would buy another head..... :D

Unless you can talk brother Deryl into fixing it right, or giving up some of his OS stash to replace it...

I have a couple air cooled heads I could give you, but it wont help you for the weekend.

~ James

Sensitive motor XM that, anything less than pristine perfect its a dud. Plus they have to be broke-in like forever.

Are you running home mixed fuel with Klotz?

Air cooled heads? what class is he running?

Last edited by a moderator:
we're on the lathe deal, no need to worry it's not my motor :D it will be ready on sunday just as the clock starts, thanks to deryl's parts, and guy at his work.

thanks,

tim

jerry, stock motor, radio issues beached the boat. fail safe never worked :blink:

For what its worth.

The only time I have ever seen this is when I have blown a plug and a chunk of platinum gets stuck in the alum (head or piston).. Talk about a HOT SPOT..

If you nuke a plug its best to take a peek at the piston and or head.

Grim

Latest posts

Back