have anyone seen a carb mod or done one like this?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

I got the O.S 20J with 3 other carb in a package deal. It has groves at the mouth of the carb. Has anyone seen this before and whats the perpouse of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wacko: :wacko: ,, what a waste of a great carb, jezz!

Try this, it will actually work,,

IMG_0238.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wacko: :wacko: ,, what a waste of a great carb, jezz!

View attachment 26210
I didnt do anything to that carb. I got this carb with 3 other carbs in a package deal. Wondering if I can fix it? Or can it be fixed? Jerry didnt you say get a 20J to use on thundertiger pro.21?

Yes, I've seen the concept several times. That particular one appears quite crude,

but the ones I've seen were expertly machined, had nice parallel grooves and even

appeared buffed to smooth any machine marks. I might be mistaken but I think there

was a discussion about the legality of using them in IMPBA Sport Outboard several

years ago. I guess the inventor figured that the swirls would create a fuel/air

mixing vortex that would twist in the same direction as the O/B crank rotation,

thus eliminating any random buffeting when the induction window just opens.

Everyone needs to remember that there have been lots of trial and error

experimentation by really clever model boaters during the last 40+ years. Lots of

the ideas that were good at the time, may have withered due to a lack of money to

go from homemade to production.

John Equi

View attachment 26210
I didnt do anything to that carb. I got this carb with 3 other carbs in a package deal. Wondering if I can fix it? Or can it be fixed? Jerry didnt you say get a 20J to use on thundertiger pro.21?
Yes that is the carb of choice for the TT 21!!! Depending on how deep the cuts are I would try to smooth them out and see if you can get it to be similar to Jerry's 20J But it looks like they might have gone to deep... Try to run it and see how it works!!! Might work well who knows till ya give it a whirl!!! Send it to me and I'll put it on my GOpherosi and report back!!!! I am looking for another 20J!!!!

To fit the 20J neck into an TT o/b case throat you would have to make the carb neck 14.5mm

With the carb entry already screwed up like that you might not have a good place to grab ahold of it to turn the carb neck down. You might have enough if you you used a mini lathe.

Jerry, I think that can be fixed pretty easily. As long as they dont enlarge the actual bore, it should be fine. Also, I think there is enough neck left to get ahold of.

If they gave it to you it must not have worked otherwise they would have hung onto it.

Remember those Tornadoes that were advertised on TV for a while that supposedly added more HP and fuel mileage? Nope, they really didn't work so I'm thinking that the person that did this must have had that in mind.

If they gave it to you it must not have worked otherwise they would have hung onto it.

Remember those Tornadoes that were advertised on TV for a while that supposedly added more HP and fuel mileage? Nope, they really didn't work so I'm thinking that the person that did this must have had that in mind.
I got them because the guy is no longer running sport.21 and gotting out of running.21 engines. The carbs I gotton in the deal were 2 O.S 20J's..1 O.S5B . 1 NOVA ROSSI.21 carb. The other carbs dont have that groves done the them. The Nova carb he took out the high speed needle and soildered the end in=have the use a remote needle.

LOL Ron, I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the picture.

could always try that alumiloy crap.... it can be machined... its just like soldering,,but higher heat is used... i would gut the carb,,and i mean gut it,, so its just the body... heat it,,alumiloy it,,and machine the mouth to a bell shape...

or............................ sell it to me or kevin.......... :lol: :lol:

alden

Latest posts

Back