Happy Memorial Day

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhonda Pickard

I want to take this time to thanks all the vetrans that fought for this country and everyone in the service now that are over seas fighting to keep this country free my dad is retired air force so i know what all the familys are going through and the sacrifice that goes with it THANKS Robert

Thanks to all our Vetrans and active duty troops. "All Gave Some, Some Gave All".

Thanks Jessica.....my daughter's last day of Active Duty is tomorrow with the US Marine Corp. I am so proud of her. I will be spending the day with my baby girl! Happy Memorial Day and remember the true meaning of the day! My baby came home....other's never will...God Bless them all! jj

To all branches of our military who have and will serve....to my Dad who served, to the families of those who gave so much, and paid the ultimate price for my and my families freedom....I THANK YOU. Kinda pathetic to see that only 4 people on this forum bothered to post anything at all about this day and these brave people and they're families....how easily we forget.

Not forgotten Bill , just hard to choose the right words sometimes.

I have the ultimate respect for all who serve and protect our country- know that.

Andy

Bill, not forgotten at all. I posted this first thing this morning when I woke up, on facebook:

"Today we honor the men and women who have and continue to give so much for our country and its people. Happy Memorial Day!"

Bill, not forgotten at all. I posted this first thing this morning when I woke up, on facebook:

"Today we honor the men and women who have and continue to give so much for our country and its people. Happy Memorial Day!"
I don't think any have forgotten but people like me would like to forget what we went thru when we were in the service. Walt Barney

I don't think any have forgotten but people like me would like to forget what we went thru when we were in the service. Walt Barney
Walt I agree with you 100% I wish I can forget the things I have seen and been thru the 5 years of deployments to Iraq. I'm thankful for all service members past and present for what they have done for our country and those who still serve and are currently deployed in the sand box.

Julian

To all branches of our military who have and will serve....to my Dad who served, to the families of those who gave so much, and paid the ultimate price for my and my families freedom....I THANK YOU. Kinda pathetic to see that only 4 people on this forum bothered to post anything at all about this day and these brave people and they're families....how easily we forget.
Just because it wasn't posted on a microscopic forum does not mean folks are not contributing their thoughts and feelings about this day . Memorial Day is to respect and commemorate those whom have given their lives in service to our country since the beginning of military service . Although the respect and thanks to all our military personnel is of course by default mixed in with Memorial Day , this day is dedicated to those who are no longer with us . I thank them always , not just on Memorial Day even though this day has a special meaning for me . Please don't judge those because you don't see them post somewhere .

Last edited by a moderator:
Point taken Tom...point taken. Just something i feel strongly about...to a fault on my part....let my mouth get ahead of my brain a little bit. If i offended anyone in any way by the statement i made, i most sincerely apologize.

...to a fault on my part....let my mouth get ahead of my brain a little bit. If i offended anyone in any way by the statement i made, i most sincerely apologize.
I have NEVER done that :rolleyes:

And your calm compared to me btw Windex, you could have it worse :huh: :p :p :p :p

I'm thinking its nothing a gallon of nitro, some cold beer and a lake to play toy boats on wouldnt cure B)

Andy

Don't think you offended or overstepped Bill. Still a free country and you can speak your piece. I did not expect to see a great number of posts but would like to thank all those that did post their feelings.

Glenn

...to a fault on my part....let my mouth get ahead of my brain a little bit. If i offended anyone in any way by the statement i made, i most sincerely apologize.

And your calm compared to me btw Windex, you could have it worse :huh: :p :p :p :p

I'm thinking its nothing a gallon of nitro, some cold beer and a lake to play toy boats on wouldnt cure B)

Andy
Andy, If we put our minds together we could offend more people in one day than Bill could in his lifetime :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Andy
Andy, If we put our minds together we could offend more people in one day than Bill could in his lifetime :lol: :lol: :lol: .
The wife says " I can do that all by myself " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though I wouldnt mind the company ;)

Andy

Can i join too LOL Bill no worries man . did you take that boat out yet you slacker ??? :D

Andy

Can i join too LOL Bill no worries man . did you take that boat out yet you slacker ??? :D
Foley- I say we make him take us both out in the "SS-INKNEEDH20" - to Anclote AND provide the beverages...............

memorial day is a day i take very seriously. i don't think anyone here knows this, but i lost my birth father in korea. he was shot down & gave his life so very shortly after he gave me mine. i never knew him, & my mother was unable to care for me. i was adopted by the only parents i knew. wonderful people, & my adoptive father served in the navy in ww2. after they passed, & i moved up here, i took the time & effort to learn my birth father's name. not to track down family, but to know where to go in arlington cemetery to spend some time there , mostly on labor day. monday was my 12th year of doing this. it is incredibly humbling to see the acres of seemingly unending lines of grave markers, & to know this is only a VERY small portion of the similar grave sites scattered around the world. all the monuments & awe inspiring buildings in our capitol don't seem to mean much after you've been to arlington. silent & simple, it means so much to me......

Back