Hammerhead 12 and JAE 12 at Play

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! A Bigger boat is never a bad idea if you can do it right. I have made all my boats bigger over the years and it they eat up rough water like crazy. Just don't believe the saying that " he can't heat race that boat because it's too fast"!!!! My .12 boat was running 78-80 when I set the oval record, with an engine from 2008, and I was running at that speed when I never though about asking for an oval time, everyone was sitting in lawn chairs! And yes I could slow down to idle and come back on the pipe. Carry on!

Lol! A Bigger boat is never a bad idea if you can do it right. I have made all my boats bigger over the years and it they eat up rough water like crazy. Just don't believe the saying that " he can't heat race that boat because it's too fast"!!!! My .12 boat was running 78-80 when I set the oval record, with an engine from 2008, and I was running at that speed when I never though about asking for an oval time, everyone was sitting in lawn chairs! And yes I could slow down to idle and come back on the pipe. Carry on!
I would love to see your .12 run someday. Hopefully I can get down to Huntsville to watch a record trial one of these days.

I am looking forward to racing this boat at Hobart. I just hope I have the discipline to let off the throttle when necessary, even if I am behind or jump the clock. I tend to go nothing but full throttle in those situations, to my own detriment.

It's just a boat, and trust me I do not want to sound like I'm bragging. I'm just saying what's possible with what is out there for anyone to get that's willing to go after it. Ask anyone that knows me I have no secrets and no BS! I love model boats!

Hey that me in that video. That was Hammerhead number one. The true original built by Marty and ran by many. I picked the boat up here on I/W ran it a few years and passed it on to another boater. Glad to see The Hammerhead is alive and well.

My new hammerhead is 31.5 inches long,weighs 2.6 pounds race ready.

Jim's JAE, and Mikes CF are both faster than my boat. I'm still dialing it in. I've been limited to fine tuning during open water prior to races.Just been too busy at work to get out and test. I don't think I'm going 60 regularly. Still inconsistent with speeds. It will run fast, and stable. I have had it going smokin' fast a few times. I will say one thing, If I can keep the engine running through an entire heat, it will finish. It can run at its best in ra e water with no problem . Probably the best handling boat I have ever built.

Marty,

I have more 1515's coming in stock very soon. I will send you one to see

how that boat runs with a new Game Changer ABC designed propeller.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Too much speed is not possible. That throttle has a thousand positions!
default_smile.png

Mark, I have a jae 12 rigger with an os 18 tz that has been "simpsonized". Let me know when you get the 1515's in. Send me a pm and i'll give you my info.

Mark

The Phantom II getting painted wants to have a 1515 also to spin. Put me down for one also.

Thxs

Ken

Back