Gun Control OR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kev your worried bout the safety of your kids, We all are, Nuthin wrong with that.

Sometimes getting your views out in open forum is good for ya.

Its what a close knit community like this is all about,

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are just after all of are personal information plus a big chunk of our rights all the while My kids are still not any safer in school... Maybe I will just home school my kids...

How is this going to save our children?
Because Obama uses the chilren as a lame excuse for what he wants to do, that simple. Evidently he doesn't care about we adults. Yes, it's unfortunate that a few crazy people go into schools and shoot them up but what about the movie theater in Aurora? A nut case knows that weapons aren't allowed in schools, movie theaters and thousands of other places so the people there are easy prey. If Mr. Looney Tunes or your 'hood gangsta wants a gun, they will find a way to score one illegally as they don't care.

Roger, to answer your question, because the Administrator and the Moderators are allowing us to do so in this forum. So far the discussion has been very civil and as long as it stays that way, they don't really seem to mind. I am getting replies from those that I've known personally and others that I may never meet such as yourself but have the utmost respect of their opinions. Agree with them or not they still have my attention With you also being on Facebook, if you haven't noticed it, it seems like everybody and their brother are ranting about something to do with the 2nd Amendment, conspiracy theories and everything else to do with what is peacefully being typed about here.

I am curious why you guys choose this RC Boat Message Board to talk about current affairs when there are soooooo many other places dedicated to such things?
That's why there is an off topic section. If you don't like it don't click on it. Nobody is forcing you to read anything on this site, off topic or not.

I am curious why you guys choose this RC Boat Message Board to talk about current affairs when there are soooooo many other places dedicated to such things?
Roger, this is the "off topic" section! Where we can vent about things that we feel should be changed.

Go back to your happy world and don't infringe on our opinions. That is what makes this a great country...

Thanks

Jerry

Roger, this is the "off topic" section! Where we can vent about things that we feel should be changed.

Go back to your happy world and don't infringe on our opinions. That is what makes this a great country...

Thanks

Jerry
Simple enough. Thanks Kevin, Side Blues, and Ron for giving me the consideration of answering my question.

I think they are just after all of are personal information plus a big chunk of our rights all the while My kids are still not any safer in school... Maybe I will just home school my kids...

How is this going to save our children?
Because Obama uses the chilren as a lame excuse for what he wants to do, that simple. Evidently he doesn't care about we adults. Yes, it's unfortunate that a few crazy people go into schools and shoot them up but what about the movie theater in Aurora? A nut case knows that weapons aren't allowed in schools, movie theaters and thousands of other places so the people there are easy prey. If Mr. Looney Tunes or your 'hood gangsta wants a gun, they will find a way to score one illegally as they don't care.

Roger, to answer your question, because the Administrator and the Moderators are allowing us to do so in this forum. So far the discussion has been very civil and as long as it stays that way, they don't really seem to mind. I am getting replies from those that I've known personally and others that I may never meet such as yourself but have the utmost respect of their opinions. Agree with them or not they still have my attention With you also being on Facebook, if you haven't noticed it, it seems like everybody and their brother are ranting about something to do with the 2nd Amendment, conspiracy theories and everything else to do with what is peacefully being typed about here.
Yah Ron, I was just curious to know people's reason for choosing this forum. That's all. You mentioned Facebook. Between all of my "personal" social media I reach over 100,000 people. Some times of it is to just get a bead for everyone's personal opinion unobstructed by the media. Many people also go to great lengths to research "THEIR SIDE" of the argument. I take advantage of this too as I don't have the time research both sides adequately in my opinion. In other situations I use it to influence opinion if I feel strongly enough about it.

As as you know from my facebook page anyone can give their opinion on my page. Actually the two boaters, I am closest to outside of my home state, oppose my opinion the most and our relationship has not been tainted in the least... at least so I think... Hahaha! As a matter face one of them appears to side with many of your opinions here and he sends me a personal feed several times "AN HOUR" sometimes. I read them all and never stop telling him to send them. Maybe just to include a boat and a bikini shot once in a while. Hahaha!

I just wanted to know if people just wanted to get things off their chest or if they were trying to use this forum to really influence their peers. When I saw that my point of view had influence I moved to other mediums where my efforts could reach further. That is why I am more on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Instagram and my own social network for Hip Hop Enthusiast, The Flow. So now when I come here I poke my head in here every once in a while but just as you say everybody is talking about the same thing so then I find myself now just most interested in the boats stuff.

That was my reason for asking the question.

Roger, I've been on The Flow a few times and so has my son as he's the Hip-Hop/Rapper in the crib. I may be getting old but have always tried to keep an open mind on things, something that my parents really didn't do on any subject.

I used to be more on the anti side of this discussion not too long ago but with all of the violence going on in my neighborhood, city, state and all over the US, it's like you have to make yourself equal to be able to watch your own behind. I live in what's considered a "fragile" part of town with a mix of everything from race to sexual preference, old to young working class to welfare. It seems like violent crimes are part of the daily news, one person was shot yesterday during an armed robbery outside of his home, The perps only got 2 cell phones, the victim got a shot to the abdomen but survived.

It's not about Newtown, Aurora or any of the stories that you see on the national news but right in our own neighborhoods.

Wanna know why we don't need or shouldn’t have gun control?

Because the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. We are free to own guns because our government is supposed to fear a well armed America. Without the fear of retribution, our government would walk all over us in ten minutes knowing that we could do nothing.

In the 1940's sawed off shotgun's became illegal in this country when the supreme court stated that "The military has no need for a sawed off shotgun, therefore the people of the U.S.A. do not either." Inferring that we should have weapons similar to the U.S. Military.

If we let the government slowly erode our right to bear arms, one day we will wake up and find that they are no longer afraid of us and will do anything they wish without fear of retaliation.

Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that these violent events with weapons are occurring in places that are declared "gun free"? DUH!

My two cents.

Roger, I've been on The Flow a few times and so has my son as he's the Hip-Hop/Rapper in the crib. I may be getting old but have always tried to keep an open mind on things, something that my parents really didn't do on any subject.

I used to be more on the anti side of this discussion not too long ago but with all of the violence going on in my neighborhood, city, state and all over the US, it's like you have to make yourself equal to be able to watch your own behind. I live in what's considered a "fragile" part of town with a mix of everything from race to sexual preference, old to young working class to welfare. It seems like violent crimes are part of the daily news, one person was shot yesterday during an armed robbery outside of his home, The perps only got 2 cell phones, the victim got a shot to the abdomen but survived.

It's not about Newtown, Aurora or any of the stories that you see on the national news but right in our own neighborhoods.
You've checked 'TheFlowOnline.com" cool. Thanks for the support. Tell your son I appreciate it too. I am finding it's one thing to build a site that gets 1000s of people a month to hundreds of thousands a month. It's a lot of work. But back to the topic. I grew up in a neighborhood who's hayday was a generation back. Now all those are OGs. They've payed their dues, have kids and just looking to settle back into society. The thing is that they recognize trouble a long way off and get in the kids face then. So these kids think twice on our block but might take it downtown or more east where there have been some gun violence. But up the freeway just 45 minutes or so is Oakland, CA there was 4 fatal shooting just over the weekend then up the freeway a bit further like an hour and half you have Stockton, CA who have a high rate of fatal shootings as well. There was a photo of a war veteran walking around with an automatic weapon strapped to his back to protest this Gun Control threat. I wouldn't say these all of these guys are friends but I have acquaintances from the Office Suite to the Ghetto Street and the guys from the street were saying that was a free Automatic weapon walking around conveniently registered to someone else. I just encourage people to look at the problem full circle... assess the potential collateral damage from both sides.

Wanna know why we don't need or shouldn’t have gun control?

Because the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. We are free to own guns because our government is supposed to fear a well armed America. Without the fear of retribution, our government would walk all over us in ten minutes knowing that we could do nothing.

In the 1940's sawed off shotgun's became illegal in this country when the supreme court stated that "The military has no need for a sawed off shotgun, therefore the people of the U.S.A. do not either." Inferring that we should have weapons similar to the U.S. Military.

If we let the government slowly erode our right to bear arms, one day we will wake up and find that they are no longer afraid of us and will do anything they wish without fear of retaliation.

Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that these violent events with weapons are occurring in places that are declared "gun free"? DUH!

My two cents.
If "gun control" worked Chicago wouldn' t be the killing capital of the world.

2 more cents to the kitty.

Here's a Canadian perspective : :eek:

I have friends on both sides of the gun issue, those who believe easy access to guns is not good for this country.... and those who believe government has no business dictating ownership one way or the other.

I have gained valuable understanding from both arguments & I have made my final decision. Certain Canadians, especially those who are more likely to become victims of crime, need to own and become proficient with guns!

image_zps30a7834f.jpg

I can't discuss it any further right now...It's my turn to pick up the empty brass... :p

Here's a Canadian perspective : :eek:

I have friends on both sides of the gun issue, those who believe easy access to guns is not good for this country.... and those who believe government has no business dictating ownership one way or the other.

I have gained valuable understanding from both arguments & I have made my final decision. Certain Canadians, especially those who are more likely to become victims of crime, need to own and become proficient with guns!

image_zps30a7834f.jpg

I can't discuss it any further right now...It's my turn to pick up the empty brass... :p
Give me the address of this range. I think I want to work there :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nice find Julian. I was looking for that video. Thanks for posting it.

Funny how the media changes to further an agenda.

Had a run on ammo here, unless ya want shotshells or rimfire, your outta luck fer now.

Gene

Latest posts

Back