GS480 Gas Tunnel Cowling facelift...new option available!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald, Please do keep us updated on that lower unit and any upgrades you may be able to acquire. The reason I am interested is I plan to build a GX480, and power it with an FE motor, and get my current 10s lipo SAW IMPBA record of 67.12mph up to 80mph or more. Only one tunnel has ever gone over 80mph, and it was only done in one direction. I want to set the record that high, and I think the GX480 and its overall size can handle the conditions. Along with the toughness of your carbon cowling as it seems so strong I think it can handle any blowoffs that may occur. I currently have a lawless gas size lower unit with a conversion kit to FE that a friend made me, but I am nervous the Lawless lower may not like the brushless motor and its RPM's..if that ends up being the case, then a gear drive unit may be my only option! I may be able to pull this off with the QX400 hull I am building now, as I have had a 40" hull run 73mph one way, but that is really screaming! Size becomes important at these speeds as you need enough to help keep the boat down!

Will do Mike. Wennie will monitor the lower due to his experience. He does not know it yet, and i think i am already driving him crazy with all my schemes.

Greg, that is the lower Donald and I were actually discussing. I am just nervous about the gear strength. Mike

Well, a bit of good news from and overall bad weekend. I spoke with Donald and he is looking around for another autoclave to lay up cowls. He will keep me posted with that. He also gave me permission to make a mold if I wanted of the cowling I currently have. So glad to have gotten that reply from him! So all in all, things may just turn out alright. While I am thinking about it, be on the lookout for a new and improved website soon. The link name and my email is going to be lost, so i will be spreading the word on those changes soon. The new site is going to be very streamline and use xcart so shipping costs should be more exact! Mike

Are you still building for customers or is that going to be put on hold for a bit??

Tony, I have an on going list. Like 13 builds on the list right now, mostly tunnels and some gp sport hydros. Feel free to ask if you need something done. Thanks, Mike

PLEASE NOTICE THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

Check out the available kit list at my website,

www.ml-boatworks.comUNTIL LATE OCTOBER 2013​

STARTING IN A MONTH OR SO A BRAND NEW, FULL FUNCTION WEBSITE WILL BE UP AND RUNNING. THIS IS CURRENTLY BEING BUILT AND SHOULD STREAMLINE YOUR SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is with sad news that I am letting everyone know that as soon as I can, I am going to delete my intlwaters account tonight. I appreciate all of your support over the years, but I have got to get away from intlwaters. I will continue with ML Boatworks, but new designs are being halted. I have been taking on a lot of new designs, and overdoing it. I think mentally, it has me frustrated, it has me lashing out at things, and unfortunately, intlwaters has been the hotbed for that. I have to put a stop to this as things are not fun like they were. I am partly to blame, and I take that responsibility. For that, to my friends who have watched some of the lashing out, I apologize. The new website will be where you will find my current offerings...hopefully mid October, and I have enjoyed OSE since joining, so I am going to do things there. If you need a kit, do not hesitate to email me at [email protected], or visit the website, and as always, I enjoy the phone conversations. I am still available for help, weather its with one of my kits or not..just like its always been. Thanks again to my IW friends, and customers. Take care. Mike Luszcz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back