Grand Prix Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man,

I am getting hammered about that web thing...LOL

Some Southern racing news:

Eric Betty ran his first R/C boat race this past weekend in Huntsville....man, I wished I had started out racing like he has. :)

1st place in Sport 20 tunnel

2nd place in 20 Mod tunnel (out of 1st by 7 points with an O/S Sport engine)

GREAT JOB ERIC BETTY!

We need more new boaters to come into this sport with a BANG!

Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread guys...Eric Bourlet "Smooth hand Luke" up there in Seattle. Send Grand Prix pictures down South!-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Any web site yet ? I sure hope you boys from down south will make this one.
Jennie Lanza started a site for the Grand Prix Classic and put the link on the RCBoat listbot. For some reason I keep getting server errors everytime I try to go there(listbot).

Hi Everyone!

I didn't realize you all moved over to this website (forum). I posted an update on the listbot but I guess this is where I should send updates to. Our old site is no longer working, so I started up a new one. It's not as FLASHY as the one Roger did as I'm html challenged. But I did my best. =0)

here is the site:

http://grandprixclassic.blogspot.com/

I'm in the process of working on an entry form which will hopefully be on our district 9 website

(www.namba9.net) once they post next year's race schedule.

I don't have a lot of info up on the site yet so if there's something you need to know, please feel free to email us at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Jennie Lanza

Hopefully Inside RC will come again. I need to talk to Will about keeping his dogs out of the shot this time. I'll never live that down

Hopefully Inside RC will come again. I need to talk to Will about keeping his dogs out of the shot this time. I'll never live that down
Will's dogs stole the show......laughed my ass off :lol:

February 11th and 12th. Stay tuned for updates and details.
Whoo Hoo got my Lynx and Shaman all ready for this one. Is there a web site up yet?
I heard Alfred saying all he's going to need is an old wood Dumas hull to win A mod tunnel :lol: Also heard a rumor some hot wood hulls might be showing up from Arizona too.

Hope your stuff is ready because you know Lanza will be talking smack for at least the next 364 days if it isn't :p

Just an update, entry forms should have arrived to you via mail. If you haven't received your entry form, it's because I'm still trying to get addresses for a few folks. They are:

Ted McKay

Neil Boyle

Chuck Wayne

Bill Curtis

Don Maher

Mark Grim

Phillip Knox

Phil Thomas

John Maners

Russ Knox

Kim McKay

Leonard Feedback

If anyone has information on how I can contact these people so I can get their entry forms to them, please let me know at [email protected]

If you're name is not listed above but you would like to entry our race, please go to:

www.grandprixclassic.com

There is an entry form available online. We also have our host hotel information listed, as well as pictures from last year's event, our fundraiser (this year will be for the victims of Hurricane Katrina), and more.

If you are planning on attending and want to buy some Grand Prix Classic logowear, that is available as well on our site.

Any questions, again email us at: [email protected]

Thanks & I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Jennie Lanza

Here's an entry that should prove interesting. Jim Wilson running one of JD's WOF 30s w/MAC 21 OB. Not sure if Jim's ever raced an OB tunnel, but he certainly knows how to get around the Fremont pond.

JD

Anyone attending this race would do well to book their room online vs calling and asking for the Grand Prix discount as you will get a better deal booking via the internet for the same room.

Anyone attending this race would do well to book their room online vs calling and asking for the Grand Prix discount as you will get a better deal booking via the internet for the same room.
I called the Hotel to see what rate you got Eric versus the one that I negotiated. The rate is $55/night and as I understand it the one you booked is $5 more. Not sure if this is all correct as far as what you are paying but let me know if this is all true or not so we can narrow it down to where the descrepency might be and I can make sure everyone gets as low a rate as possible.

Thanks.

I called the Hotel to see what rate you got Eric versus the one that I negotiated. The rate is $55/night and as I understand it the one you booked is $5 more. Not sure if this is all correct as far as what you are paying but let me know if this is all true or not so we can narrow it down to where the descrepency might be and I can make sure everyone gets as low a rate as possible.

Thanks.
I will have to call again. They quoted me a higher rate when I called. I pointed out that the online price was $60.00 and the guy would not budge from $69.00. When I asked why the online price was less than the GrandPrix Clasic price he told me to book on line then.

UPDATE:Well we just called and talked to Jason at the hotel . He apologized and coverted my reservations to the $55.00 a night special. Thanks for fixing this Roger.

:ph34r: Hi Roger or Alfred

How many of list of entrants for Muli-enigne riggers? I wish go there but can't make it because I need adjust tune up my twin test run next spring.. Allan ;)

I think there is at least 6 boats from that area alone. I will be bringing mine.

Mike

I think there is at least 6 boats from that area alone. I will be bringing mine.

Mike
Well me and Alfred usually race as a team but for this event the dynamic duo has split up to cause mahem and havoc to everyone including each other :lol:

This can be considered the "Ride-ta-Die" crew (Crash and Burn with no Concern)

Me

Alfred

Troy Davis

Dave Hilton

Mike Hughes

Dave Bestpitch

and possible others from our district if they are brave enough

Tom Levescy

Allan Terry

Mike Mcknight (still waiting on boat)

Rich Mancilla (if they can get over the paint job)

perhaps

Will Gallagher

We would love to have you Allen if only to hang out. Keep in mind we will also be racing Scale, Sport 40 II, 21 Mod and 40 Mod Tunnels.

For everybody else bring your game faces. I have been hearing alot commotion coming from everybodys shop. It seems that there are a lot of people working on a secret weapon.

Entries are rolling in for this race. If you haven't sent your entries in, please get them in soon!

You can download an entry form on our site: www.grandprixclassic.com

In the meantime, you can email your entry info to [email protected]

I look forward to seeing everyone at the race!

Jennie Lanza

Back