GP3300 lifespan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was refered here from Rummrunners. Some of my questions wound of been answered had I seen this first.

I built a set of 12 unmatched but not zapped cells. I charged them at 3.0 amps. Like Dan Chase said, with an Astro 110D , it was a little finicky about peaking early. I set it at 3.0 and it fell to 2.9 a few minutes later. When I touched the dial it automatically peaked. I started it again and it was fine. I touched the dial again and it peaked, the batteries where a little warm, which I understand is normal (They were around 110-115 degrees F) I restarted the charge again, I watched the meter and it began to dip so I manually stopped it. It took around an hour and 5 minutes to charge off my Ramboy powerconverter. Sound okay?

While they were warm, they certainly were not hot. I'm sure they're fine. I'm not worried about damage, just working out the proper routine for longevity, like Jim has asked. I have a few more sets to build, so I'll charge those at the sub .5 amp rate. I plan to use these to race on Sunday. This is Wednesday night. What should I do with them between now and Sunday,

Thanks,

Jim Lilly

sheltered said:
I was refered here from Rummrunners. Some of my questions wound of been answered had I seen this first.
I built a set of 12 unmatched but not zapped cells. I charged them at 3.0 amps. Like Dan Chase said, with an Astro 110D , it was a little finicky about peaking early. I set it at 3.0 and it fell to 2.9 a few minutes later. When I touched the dial it automatically peaked. I started it again and it was fine. I touched the dial again and it peaked, the batteries where a little warm, which I understand is normal (They were around 110-115 degrees F) I restarted the charge again, I watched the meter and it began to dip so I manually stopped it. It took around an hour and 5 minutes to charge off my Ramboy powerconverter. Sound okay?

While they were warm, they certainly were not hot. I'm sure they're fine. I'm not worried about damage, just working out the proper routine for longevity, like Jim has asked. I have a few more sets to build, so I'll charge those at the sub .5 amp rate. I plan to use these to race on Sunday. This is Wednesday night. What should I do with them between now and Sunday,

Thanks,

Jim Lilly
110D, is that charger rated for NIMH?

Coming from an old electric truck guy/person. They dont tend to last long, some do, some dont, often just a single cell is a dud that you can replace. Dont go for the cheap stuff, often those r junk! But for those prices, how can you resist! But yeah ballisticbatteries.com (i think thats their site :unsure: ) They are fair priced and quality.

Phil B) :rolleyes: <_<

Back