Got a question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris thornton

I have a Go engine .18. That I put into an old Vegas hull. What my question is I don't have a flywheel on the engine is that a problem or will it be fine and if not ok then where do I get a flywheel for this motor. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Chris

You need a flywheel due to the flywheel being what keeps an engine rotating. To be more precise, the flywheel gives the engine a rotating inertia to carry the piston back to the top of the cylinder against the compression that's trying to stop it. All car and truck engines have a flywheel of sorts. A vehicle equipped with a manual transmision uses the heavy clutch assembly in this way as does the fluid filled torque converter on a car with an automatic. As far as where to get a flywheel, sorry I can't help you on that one

Proboat 15-18 flywheel will work the belt grove sucks but for a pull start engine its good (use the aluminum spacer that came with the engine behind it)

OS sells a similar flywheel to the proboat one they also sell a blue aluminum flywheel (little large on diameter)

DO not use a black steel aquacraft flywheel they do not center on the cone worth a poo

Just about any .12-.18 marine flywheel will fit as the go 18 has a standard crank in it

Back