Good bearing manufacturers?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Hey guys,

Looking to see where you all source your bearings from now if you don't get them from the engine manufacturer? I know Boca still does bearings but I have had my fair share of issues with them in the past with quality inconsistencies so was looking to see who else is out there?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the Swiss Guard does guard the Pope

Their puffy outfits were designed by Michelle Angilo who was poking fun at the Pope.

Even though MA painted the Cistine Chapel he and the Pope were in constant argument.

Been there and saw both the guards and the Chapel. We also saw the Pope.
Great trip
Didn’t see any bearings.

I spent some time with Jim Allen in his shop. He showed me how he put engines together and how he fit each and every piece. For Jim there was only a right way to do things. He used WIB bearings, nothing else.

for the CMB I put skf bearings and for the novarossi to be 46 boca bearing, but with customs taxes it is expensive ☹

I carry the WIB bearing. Greg Settle swore by the accuracy of the WIB races and bougjt many for parts to size with ceramic balls. He was meticulous and made custom clearance bearings. We had many discussions about bearings and motors in general.

I carry the WIB bearing. Greg Settle swore by the accuracy of the WIB races and bougjt many for parts to size with ceramic balls. He was meticulous and made custom clearance bearings. We had many discussions about bearings and motors in general.
Hmmm, won't let me edit. I'm still around, though not as active in boats as i would like to be. Just not enough time rebuilding our farm into a wellness education facility for our retirement. I intend to get back into boating once i get some major projects done. Had some setbacks the last couple years, but plugging along. I go down to the Huntville events whenever i can. I dearly miss the conversations with Greg since his passing a few years ago.

I still have inventory of most of the Picco and CMB/MAC/AA bearings. I do not carry NovaRossi, as their sizes are basically custom to them. Also have the OS and CMB/MAC OB sets. Best way to get in touch with me is via the email posted above.

[email protected]

[Edit] found the edit option. Things have changed since the last time i was here.

Back