Gerard (Gerry) Davet and his son Jean-Paul Davet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley Maglinger

I spoke with JP lastnight on the phone and messaged Gerard today. JP and I were running buddies at the races as kids and it was great to finally connect with them again. Ill never forget when JP and I at the Atlanta race, we were playing and Gerard would tell JP to hurry up... he is in the next heat with his twin. JP wass like, well guess I am gonna have to go race my twin, ill be back soon. We were either 8 or 9 years of age haha. Anywho, after communicating with Gerard he is going to try his hardest and really wants to come to the Winternats in Huntsville this year to see some familiar faces :)

I remember them when they were in the Detroit area, top of their game back in the 80's.

Jerry and JP had a runoff for 1st in F hydro at the Mini Gold Cup one year both running twins. Jerry lead for 5 3/4 laps when he "accidently" slid out on the last corner and JP passed him for the win.

Class act all the way.

I heard he got into tropical fish of all things?

Yep remember them racing in Huntsville
Always had a great needle on their twins.

Always wondered what happened to them.
Glad to see them resurfacing

Their stuff always ran good.

Hey John or Terry, do you remember that his twin had a really unusual bend in the booms?
Hummm, I don’t recall that. I do remember Ron (Logghe) and I talking to Gerry about the unique bubble on the bottom of his sponsons or at least one of them. It was like the shape of a teaspoon face down.

Don't remember that either, just the big wedge at the back like a wing.

IIRC John was faster at the Mini Gold Cup one year, but he couldn't get around him. Gerry was a great driver and his boats could turn!

Don't remember that either, just the big wedge at the back like a wing.

IIRC John was faster at the Mini Gold Cup one year, but he couldn't get around him. Gerry was a great driver and his boats could turn!
I think it was a race with my new twin, before paint even. Jerry Dezon (sp) had a movie of that heat. There were some great twins that ran in the Mini Gold Cup over the years.

Not sure how many Indy Unlimiteds that Jerry won back in the day. It was several for sure....

I remember when another Jerry was telling Davet how wrong his boats were set up because the sponsions were off set in the wrong direction. I also was there when Jerry and JP had he run off at Belle isle. Thank you, Gary

Short video with Jerry's twin in it, running in Saginaw 1987. Not sure what happened, his boats usually finished, and finished well. :)

Back