gasturbineboat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to make a gear box for the prop shaft or just use thrust to drive the boat? Heard a lot talking about a turbine but ain't seen one yet.

Bill D.

I love people with imagination and the guts to give "crazy" stuff a try. In 1960 I tried putting a Dynajet in a Dumas Miss Thriftway II hull. The first run was "unbelievable"... it was also the last! Good lluck to you.

Rich

That does look like an automotive Turbo......

I'd love to see how you can convert that into a turbine

hows it going guys?

ok where to begin...

yes it is an automotive turbo, it came out of a nissan pulsar.

yes i will have a fire ext. on hand.

the turbine will be used for thrust only, im expecting around 4-5kg of thrust.

the engine will have a goodhead start on most home built turbines as the designers usually try things like making their own turbine wheels but ill be using the standard turbine which is allready perfectly matched to the compressor the layout of the engine will call for a reverse flow combustion chamber which i can lenghten or shorten accordingly to control gas temperatures accross the tubine.

yes ive done the home work now its time to build

ps. did anyone recognise the hull?

i did modify it a little.. he he

the original design never had seperate sponsons and was designed back in the fiftys maybee earlier. i found it in one of my grandpa's old old magazines.... it also was never to be this big.

I saw a TV show called Junkyard Wars and they built jet powered cars from stuff found in the junk yard to race against each other. One of the designs used a turbo charger from a truck and it looked so cool! The sound of a turbo jet engine is better than any nitro engine out there!

Please keep us posted with pictures on the construction. I would love to learn more about building a jet engine and make one my self. I don't know if I would put it in a boat though. Maby a go cart or 4 wheeler.

So, are you going to add an after burner?

Dale P.

check this out
APjet2.JPG

Latest posts

Back