GAS SCALE REAR WING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

I snagged a built gas scale Ml boatworks 7931 Circus Circus off of JRCBD.

I do not like the bent wing and want to change the boat to a Lucero style wing and run it as the 81 Squire shop.

I read somewhere that someone is making the wings, couldn,t find the post. Who is it guys? Thanks.

I checked out the pics on JRCBD, while you're changing things it would be nice to see the strut under the boat where it really should be for a scale and the rudder brought closer to the transom. Just my opinion........ ;)

I agree Don, some changes need to be made as you afore mentioned. help me out on the rudder strut length, what would be a good length. And Mikey i dont want to build a wing, just want to order one. So who makes them ?

Hey anyone got a wing they want to trade, remember this is a gas scale. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,I have an old wing in the shed,it's from a P.I. Gen 1 hydro. Need alittle tlc but in good shape.

Give me a call.

Nate

Jeff Snell has molds for the Bud style wings. For this hull to be a legal Gas Scale the strut needs to go under the bottom. Rudder stand off is open but I would use a 1 5/8 bracket with a 60/90 blade.

Strut will be taken care of, on the rudder issue is that 1 5/8" long from the back of the transom, and what is a 60/90 rudder blade, you got a rookie here so I need a little more detail. Thanks.

the rudder is fine just need a shorter mount for it so it doesnt stand so far away from the hull, I suggest a extended flat bottom strut, remember if you plan to run in a IMPBA event, the prop drive dog cannot extend past the transom, be sure to compinsate for the 1/4 between the dog and strut, and the wings that jeff snell makes should work

Last edited by a moderator:
the rudder is fine just need a shorter mount for it so it doesnt stand so far away from the hull, I suggest a extended flat bottom strut, remember if you plan to run in a IMPBA event, the prop drive dog cannot extend past the transom, be sure to compinsate for the 1/4 between the dog and strut, and the wings that jeff snell makes should work
does the IMPBA have gas scale rules ?

GOOD ON YA, Mikey.

That looks like a command decision - Direct and to the point. I like it, keep it up .

I'm looking forward to meeting you and Jeff in Atlanta. Get some more of your area boaters to come on down - I think we'll have a good time , race some boats, tell some lies, and enjoy ourselves. Rick Bellinger has really been trying to grow Scale at this race since he's been in Georgia. I'm going to support my old Friend. CHEERS !!! Bob

Guys I am still searching for a wing. I am not much good at scratch building but could build one if I had the parts and instructions. I am having difficulty communicating with Jeff Snell, not sure if its a computer issue. If anyone can get a hold of him, could you have him PM me here, or if anyone knows of other sources LMK. Phil Thomas does not make the gas scale wing, I have already heard from him, and neither does RC Boat Co. Thanks.

Mark,I don't know which wings Jeff makes,but I have one of his rear wings on my T-6 gas scale with a wood ML Boatworks hull,however,his canard does fit the MLB hull.

Harvey

Guys I am still searching for a wing. I am not much good at scratch building but could build one if I had the parts and instructions. I am having difficulty communicating with Jeff Snell, not sure if its a computer issue. If anyone can get a hold of him, could you have him PM me here, or if anyone knows of other sources LMK. Phil Thomas does not make the gas scale wing, I have already heard from him, and neither does RC Boat Co. Thanks.
mark,

check with Rigo at RC Boat Works - Stryker. an MLB gas scale 7931 recently sold on JRCBD that supposedly had glass wings from RCBW.

you'll need to email Rigo with photo of something similar and ask about availability. good luck.

I snagged a built gas scale Ml boatworks 7931 Circus Circus off of JRCBD.

I do not like the bent wing and want to change the boat to a Lucero style wing and run it as the 81 Squire shop.

I read somewhere that someone is making the wings, couldn,t find the post. Who is it guys? Thanks.
ok, i see you bought the 7931, great. see the seller's comments about the wings from RCBW.

did you check with Rigo at RCBW ? if you find gas scale rear wings please post.

http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=68366

Back