Gas scale prop choices

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys. I,d like to start a thread highlighting what everyone is running for props. Hopes that this will help me and maybe other to choose a prop that works for them. I'll start...

T6 hydro laser kit from ML......20 lbs dry weight

RCMK RZ 254 EVO stock

2" band aluminum pipe

Prop 2716/15* 2 blades.....TOO BIG. Engine does not rev up

Hi guys. I,d like to start a thread highlighting what everyone is running for props. Hopes that this will help me and maybe other to choose a prop that works for them. I'll start...

T6 hydro laser kit from ML......20 lbs dry weight

RCMK RZ 254 EVO stock

2" band aluminum pipe

Prop 2716/15* 2 blades.....TOO BIG. Engine does not rev up
2716/15* 2 too big, I pull that easy with a stock Zen in a thunderboat at 22 lbs. Is your pipe too short?????

I don't know if it's too short. It's pulled out as far as it'll go. I've tried it all the way short to long and still wont rev up. I can only think that the prop is too big.

N

I've run various Propworks 6716 props on thunderboats. That's 2.6" diameter nominal but with a stock 26 cc Zenoah. I would think your prop would work with your engine. Try a smaller diameter and work on your setup. The pipe length should be around 13" from the face of the cylinder to the start of the band. You can shorten it up later as you get everything sorted out.

Lohring Miller

Loring...my pipe length is about 11.5 and can't get 13 as my header is too short. Are longer headers available?

N

Ray...that pipe is for a side exhaust. I have a RZ 254 rear exhaust engine. I bought the header and pipe from Gizmo's but from what I read it might be too short and I'm trying to find a longer straight header.

Norm

Latest posts

Back