Gas mono on the left turn

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris Mazor

Hi, Friends!

Thanks to everybody for help with trimming my CAT. It is good enough to further improvement.

How one more question. I built several mono 56-49" long, plywood. One problem - one left turn engine loosing rpm almost to idle! Especially when turn is sharp, even died!! Do you have any experience? Please, let me know! Boris Mazor. (Author of new air pump flow meter)

Hi, Friends!Thanks to everybody for help with trimming my CAT. It is good enough to further improvement.

How one more question. I built several mono 56-49" long, plywood. One problem - one left turn engine loosing rpm almost to idle! Especially when turn is sharp, even died!! Do you have any experience? Please, let me know! Boris Mazor. (Author of new air pump flow meter)
what type of fuel tank are you using? Some sort of gas bag or IV bag is the way to go.

mike b

Sounds like you are using a hard tank and the fuel is moving away from the pickup? Like Mike said.... IV Bag is the way to go, ill never use anything else in my gas boats.

I already switched to IV bags, thinking it will help, but problem was not solved! Boris
be sure that you have the bag positioned so that the fuel can't get away from the pickup line on a left turn, you might have to elevate the front of the bag to keep the pickup covered all the time. Really nothing else but fuel starvation would cause this.

mb

I already switched to IV bags, thinking it will help, but problem was not solved! Boris
be sure that you have the bag positioned so that the fuel can't get away from the pickup line on a left turn, you might have to elevate the front of the bag to keep the pickup covered all the time. Really nothing else but fuel starvation would cause this.

mb
The engine is died even when bag is full! Fuel bag placed in front of engine, centered in bottom of the hull. Fuel line ~8-9” 3 mm inside diameter. Should I use bigger line? May be I need set the bag higher on the level of carb? Now the bag sitting lower about 2”. Thanks. Boris

Is the bag shifting during the sharp turn and closing off around the fuel pickup?

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the bag shifting during the sharp turn and closing off around the fuel pickup?

-Mike
Hello, Mike! My 500 ml IV bag placed in fuel compartment made for 20 oz fuel tank. I have fastened the bag in to places: - fuel pickup and end of the bag; shifting from side to side is limited fuel compartment. Thanks. Boris

Hey Boris , If you have eliminated all the fuel pick up problems , then see if the carb can get sprayed with water ( or something like that ) when the boat turns left ?

It may not happen on right turns . just left ???

Andrew

Hey Boris , If you have eliminated all the fuel pick up problems , then see if the carb can get sprayed with water ( or something like that ) when the boat turns left ? It may not happen on right turns . just left ???

Andrew
Hi, Andrew! I moved fuel bag to the right side of boat. No more problems!

My best guess - something wrong with carb pump. My next step will be to check another carb. Boris

Back