Air pump based FLOW METER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris Mazor

Hi, Friends!

Some of you get my BM air pump based flow meter in 2008.

I would like to know how it works for you. Do you need any help?

Please let me know any comments or complains you have.

Fellow boaters asked a lot of questions how to use flow meter. Yours experience will be priceless for beginners. Please, answer for the following questions:

1. How often you are using Flow Meter.

2. Size of engine and readings related to this size.

3. Your overall rating and comments.

If it will not bother you, please share yours experience on INTERNATIONAL WATERS, general forum.

Flow meter readings from customers I got last year:

Engine size -Min readings- Average- Max readings

.20------------78----------------84-------------- 90

.21------------78-------------- 101--------------135

.45------------56----------------64----------------70

.67------------53----------------57----------------60

.90------------46--------------- 49----------------50

You can find flow meter pictupes in my album. Thanks. Boris Mazor.

[email protected]

Boris,

Suggest that you get reading for engines that are 80, 84, 91 (close to 90 however) 1.00/1.01. And possibly the little ones, the .12, .15 & .18's to complete the library.

This compilation of data can be very useful. Temperature, humidity, air density, altitude and nitro content all effect the final settings but most should fall within the ranges on the chart.

Boris,
Suggest that you get reading for engines that are 80, 84, 91 (close to 90 however) 1.00/1.01. And possibly the little ones, the .12, .15 & .18's to complete the library.

This compilation of data can be very useful. Temperature, humidity, air density, altitude and nitro content all effect the final settings but most should fall within the ranges on the chart.
Thanks, John! I'll add all data from boaters as soon as I get them. Boris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Boris,

I have found with my Mac 67 that a middle setting of 38 @ 300 works fine.

I have also had the same readings from other people’s boats.

We did try the 53, 57, 60 but found that to lean.

This setup is for 1/8th scale hydro, 14lbs and 30% nitro.

Great tool Boris. :D

You can see Mini Czar using it here

Merv

NZ

To add to Merv's comments for the MAC 67 - Mine is closer to 50 and have another club member that is about 46 with his. Doing some more test runs this week on it so should get some current data.

The brand of pipe will also affect the needle settings to a minor degree.

Hi borisWhat is the % of nitro for your reading

A+ guy
I'm looking for all reply I got. The nitro contenst in the range 40-65%. Please, keep in mind - the flow meter will help you to keep track of what are you douing. The numbers from others are usefull for start poin only! Thanks. Boris

Hi, Friends! Some of you get my BM air pump based flow meter in 2008.

I would like to know how it works for you. Do you need any help?

Please let me know any comments or complains you have.

Fellow boaters asked a lot of questions how to use flow meter. Yours experience will be priceless for beginners. Please, answer for the following questions:

1. How often you are using Flow Meter.

2. Size of engine and readings related to this size.

3. Your overall rating and comments.

If it will not bother you, please share yours experience on INTERNATIONAL WATERS, general forum.

Flow meter readings from customers I got last year:

Engine size -Min readings- Average- Max readings

.20------------78----------------84-------------- 90

.21------------78-------------- 101--------------135

.45------------56----------------64----------------70

.67------------53----------------57----------------60

.90------------46--------------- 49----------------50

You can find flow meter pictupes in my album. Thanks. Boris Mazor.

[email protected]
Santa brought me one of your meters for Christmas,it really works great. No more gas, its small,consistent, and well built. Great meter Boris!

Ron Jr

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using mine for 2 years and propane meter is collecting cobwebs. My readings are a little higher than your scale on .45 outboards but the meter is only a linear guage and is consistent. One thing I noticed when the batteries start to need charging your constantly recalibrating to 300. Though they last a long time I am charging a little more often rather than waiting for them to drop the first cell. Thanks Boris your meter has helped win some important heats.

Mic

Been using mine for 2 years and propane meter is collecting cobwebs. My readings are a little higher than your scale on .45 outboards but the meter is only a linear guage and is consistent. One thing I noticed when the batteries start to need charging your constantly recalibrating to 300. Though they last a long time I am charging a little more often rather than waiting for them to drop the first cell. Thanks Boris your meter has helped win some important heats.Mic
Our readings using OS 9b carbs on 67 Greenhead stay within 42-48.

Great tool!

Been using mine for 2 years and propane meter is collecting cobwebs. My readings are a little higher than your scale on .45 outboards but the meter is only a linear guage and is consistent. One thing I noticed when the batteries start to need charging your constantly recalibrating to 300. Though they last a long time I am charging a little more often rather than waiting for them to drop the first cell. Thanks Boris your meter has helped win some important heats.Mic
Hi, Mic! I'll recommend you to charge battery after ~ 40 min run time, or when voltage drop to 7.3 volt.

Back