Gas Crackerbox at both IMPBA Nats & Gas Nats??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Can someone please give a legitimate reason why it is that Gas Crackerbox is being offered at the IMPBA Internats & then again, one month later at the IMPBA Gas Nats, 2 events in the same district?? Wouldn't perhaps Open Cat at the Internats be more appropriate, something that Gas, Nitro AND Electric can complete in? This makes absolutely ZERO sense & serves nobody but those who run GAS crackerboxes who just happen to have their very own class one month later at the Gas Nats. Not to mention that this "Open Sport Hydro" class will obviously be predominantly gas (rest assured if I can get the extra time off to go to the Internats my Gas Sport Hydro will run in this one). Also it's funny how once again there is this clamoring for Open classes at the Internats but there are ZERO Open classes at the Gas Nats? Why is that?? <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal thought on this whole issue is OPEN classes should be offered at both events.

This alllows the FE to mix at the event of there choice. Plus If I can not make the Internats

I can race both Nitro and gas at the gas Nats and Still get a SHOT AT PAUL AND KELLY!! ;) ;)

As for the Cracker box I "personally" can not see it getting a specific designate as a speciality class at one events and it is a Full class up for grabs at another...

If the club hosting the event has a very strong following in c'box, then the club hosting the event should be rewarded for spending 1 week working by running a class they want to run. Sounds fair to me. The internats is 1 week long. The gas nats is 3 days long. If there is enough interest in one or two open classes for the gas nats, then we will think about it. The way the gas nats are run though, I doubt there will be much interest running the class one or two times a day. A LOT of downtime between heats.

Brian

If the club hosting the event has a very strong following in c'box, then the club hosting the event should be rewarded for spending 1 week working by running a class they want to run. Sounds fair to me. The internats is 1 week long. The gas nats is 3 days long. If there is enough interest in one or two open classes for the gas nats, then we will think about it. The way the gas nats are run though, I doubt there will be much interest running the class one or two times a day. A LOT of downtime between heats.

Brian
I might, and that's a big MIGHT, buy into that IF the two events were say 500 miles apart. But they're not, they're in the same district one month apart. <_<

So on that line of thinking if some club were to host the Gas Nats & decide, as a reward, they would run say F hydro (and I flat REFUSE to call this 90 hydro :angry: ) then it would be welcomed with open arms? I think not. :blink:

BTW- if you don't solicit interest in Open classes at the Gas Nats you get no interest, interesting how that works isn't it? :rolleyes:

Brian
I might, and that's a big MIGHT, buy into that IF the two events were say 500 miles apart. But they're not, they're in the same district one month apart. <_<

So on that line of thinking if some club were to host the Gas Nats & decide, as a reward, they would run say F hydro (and I flat REFUSE to call this 90 hydro :angry: ) then it would be welcomed with open arms? I think not. :blink:

BTW- if you don't solicit interest in Open classes at the Gas Nats you get no interest, interesting how that works isn't it? :rolleyes: We ran 3 open classes at the 05 Nitro Nats. Let me tell you that the racing was at least as impressive as the US-1 classes. In fact if the 07 nats limits spec classes to 24 boats a class a ton of SPORT TUNNEL guys will miss the race.......Mikey

Brian
Don't many clubs already run offshore as open rather than gas only? This is a class that could make room for nitro and FE racers.

Hi Guys,

Any club or event offering ANY open classes is good for model boating as a whole. Bringing all boaters together on common ground er I mean water is a blast!

I traveled to 14 races this year with the lions share going out to venues offering Open classes, Keeping in mind I'm an FE boater I only attended 2 FE only races.

I can race both Nitro and gas at the gas Nats and Still get a SHOT AT PAUL AND KELLY!!
LMAO!!! :lol: Bring it on BigChuck!

Paul.

Any club or event offering ANY open classes is good for model boating as a whole. Bringing all boaters together on common ground er I mean water is a blast!

I traveled to 14 races this year with the lions share going out to venues offering Open classes, Keeping in mind I'm an FE boater I only attended 2 FE only races.
I rest my case. :rolleyes:

At the National OB Tunnel Champs next year, classes include Open, Gas and FE. Of course all of us Nitro Nerds will be there too.

Shamless Plug :rolleyes:

Specialty classes are left up to the Host clubs to determine what they want to offer. That is their benifit for stepping up to host the events. They do not even have to offer any specialty events if they do not wish to. Think of the time that would save at an event.

This is a bit of a divergence from the posted topic but I would have loved to have seen more open classes at the internats. OK I'm biased since I live only 20 mins away and am an avid FE'er. But really..since Paul and Kelly have sucked me along this road trip of running with the fuel burners I have been hoping to be able to race more next season. Now I'm just trying to get some of our local club guys to get something going for weekly running..be it open offshore/cat/mono.

I always thought there should be a open cat class at the internats but thats me.The crackerbox are a blast would be a nice break in action!I agree on its up to the club hosting it as its a big commitmant to hold and pull off the internat race.Let it go Don i dont think your thinking is going to make them change.

Don Crackerbox is a popular class at this site so don't be surprised if it's not one of the largest classes.

Don Crackerbox is a popular class at this site so don't be surprised if it's not one of the largest classes.
Seems some of you guys are totally missing the point here. :huh:

I would accept that line of reasoning if the Gas Nats were say 500 or more miles away but they're not. :blink:

They're in the same frikkin' district one month later. THAT is the point. <_<

Just extra practice time for the other internats.LOL.Maybe need to build a crackerbox i did.

Don,

You really need to learn to get over this. The host club gets to pick certain things. This is one of them. If you don't like the choices they have made then I recommend that you get the necessary people together and organize the next Nats. I am sure it will be the first perfect Nats ever. Till the time that you are willing to do something more substantial than complain, back off and get of the backs of a good group of guys that stepped up to the plate to host a race that no one else (Including you) was offering to do.

-Bob Nauss

Don,

You really need to learn to get over this. The host club gets to pick certain things. This is one of them. If you don't like the choices they have made then I recommend that you get the necessary people together and organize the next Nats. I am sure it will be the first perfect Nats ever. Till the time that you are willing to do something more substantial than complain, back off and get of the backs of a good group of guys that stepped up to the plate to host a race that no one else (Including you) was offering to do.

-Bob Nauss
Well Bob I respect your opinion just like you need to respect mine. With that being said, as long as people continue to post replies towards me I will reply back. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to express it & it is not your place to tell me to back off. I was done with this back when I said I rest my case until a couple people decided to post directly towards me so I replied just as I am replying to you. Now whether you care to realize it or not a small handful of us did host the Nats a few years back when no one else would & I drove over 700 miles each way to do so. I totally applaud the guys stepping up to do the event, just that this crackerbox thing makes little sense when it's getting run a month later, at the appropiate Gas National event in the same district. I try to look at what will benefit the organization as a whole, not a couple of guys who happen to want to run a particular boat that's not even remotely a normal Internats class. In that regard open classes benefit a wide spectrum of boaters- nitro, gas and electric are able to go hull to hull in a not too often opportunity to mix it up. Isn't that what this is all about, bringing everyone together? How often do we get the chance to run open classes at such a grand National event? I'll tell ya, this is it especially when it has become painfully apparent that there is little to no interest in offering the same at the "other" National event. Now as for running the Internats, back when I went to Huntsville to do just that I left everything home except one boat to run in the event ending specialty classes & even that was a pain in the butt because there was so much stuff still to do even at the tail end of the week. Would it not make more sense & seem far more enjoyable to be able to sit back & run a class of boats without trying to run such a large event at the same time? Been there, done that. I guess things have changed as certain people keep referring to the choice as a "reward" for hosting the event. I guess the old "reward" of knowing your hosting the IMPBA's premier event isn't good enough anymore not to mention the couple grand the host club banks when it's all said and done. :rolleyes:

Now I'm going to say again that I've expressed my opinion & I'm done with this, unless of course someone else would like to come along & take a poke at me. ;)

Well Don when you put so much effort into taking pokes at others I would say it's a safe bet your going to get poked back at on a regular basis.

I guess the best thing I can tell you is when the cracker box's run, just sit back and watch the cute little toy boats run around, cause that's all that this is about.

-Bob

Back