Gas Crackerbox at both IMPBA Nats & Gas Nats??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,

Change the name of the Internats to Nitro Nats if you don't want gas boats to run.
Come on Brian that's a b.s. reply, I certainly would expect better from you since you know I run both nitro & gas. This has nothing to do with it being a gas only class so quit trying to imply something that isn't even remotely true. If I had a crackerbox my opinion would not change. Why if I didn't want gas to run there would I be so in favor of Open classes? I was wondering if someone was going to try to spin this into another gas vs. nitro thing. Geez get real people ...... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you are trying to get across, but I personally don't see your point. Specialty classes are open to whatever the host club wants to run. I know you aren't anti gas, I was just being a smart a$$. ;)

I know what you are trying to get across, but I personally don't see your point. Specialty classes are open to whatever the host club wants to run. I know you aren't anti gas, I was just being a smart a$$. ;)
Ok that's cool but keep in mind how quickly things can get "mis-quoted". Next thing you know somebody'll be sayin' "hey I read that Ferrette is against gas boats". You know how that goes ...... :rolleyes:

Folks we're all in this together which is why I feel so strongly about Open classes at the Internats as opposed to exclusives for the specialty events. It's currently an unfortunate reality that there are no Open classes offered at the Gas Nats which means we in the IMPBA have only one real shot at the National level for everyone to "mix it up" with the best of the best so to speak. Alot of people spent most or all of their vacation time to attend so to me maximizing the potential is what it's all about. As it stands right now the only way I can go is if I can get unpaid leave approved. People who know me well already know that I'm insanely passionate about this hobby & want us all to "play together" whenever we can & have things be fair for all. Perhaps somewhere along the lines in the near future someone will "see the light" & throw a couple Open classes at the Gas Nats. For now it's just high on my wish list for everyone concerned. ;)

I think it would be very cool to have one "open" class where anyone can run anything. Mono's vs riggers vs hydros vs cats vs gas vs nitro vs electric. My fear is the class will get huge since each contestant will want in.

I think it would be very cool to have one "open" class where anyone can run anything. Mono's vs riggers vs hydros vs cats vs gas vs nitro vs electric. My fear is the class will get huge since each contestant will want in.
We ran open classes at the 06 nats, some of our club members did not like it. BUT i got a call asking me to include the classes, Numbers were not high in each class but it turned out to be very enjoyable for all the guys that ran,even more for the racers that watched. I dont know about CRACKERS but its all about the sport and growing our membership. Now that said its up to the host club to pick the extras. Good luck its going to be great racing either way....Mike Schindler RCRC

Folks we're all in this together which is why I feel so strongly about Open classes at the Internats as opposed to exclusives for the specialty events. It's currently an unfortunate reality that there are no Open classes offered at the Gas Nats which means we in the IMPBA have only one real shot at the National level for everyone to "mix it up" with the best of the best so to speak. Alot of people spent most or all of their vacation time to attend so to me maximizing the potential is what it's all about. As it stands right now the only way I can go is if I can get unpaid leave approved. People who know me well already know that I'm insanely passionate about this hobby & want us all to "play together" whenever we can & have things be fair for all. Perhaps somewhere along the lines in the near future someone will "see the light" & throw a couple Open classes at the Gas Nats. For now it's just high on my wish list for everyone concerned. ;)

Don,

This is a post I agree with (for whatever that is worth to anyone).

-Bob

Ok that's cool but keep in mind how quickly things can get "mis-quoted". Next thing you know somebody'll be sayin' "hey I read that Ferrette is against gas boats". You know how that goes ...... :rolleyes:

Folks we're all in this together which is why I feel so strongly about Open classes at the Internats as opposed to exclusives for the specialty events. It's currently an unfortunate reality that there are no Open classes offered at the Gas Nats ... Perhaps somewhere along the lines in the near future someone will "see the light" & throw a couple Open classes at the Gas Nats. For now it's just high on my wish list for everyone concerned. ;)
So, which is the more important issue, exclusive specialty classes at the internats, or a complete lack of open classes at the Gas Nats? As has been said elsewhere, people with gas boats do have several opportunities to run at the internats, but at this point, there are no open classes at the Gas Nats.

HEY, NEWS FLASH!!, i am helping co-cd the gas nats, i am taking my vacation time to do it,......................

I DONT EVEN HAVE A GAS BOAT!!!!!!! (CAPS ON) . I AM STARTING TO WONDER IF THIS WAS SMART MOVE ON MY PART.

Dan

Take a deep breath and everything will be fine.Some people like to make things harder,that's all.People would piss and moan if the internats or gas nats was in there back yard.

Dave Roach

Dan,

Remember the loud mouth on the hill at the Celina race in June?

Do you remenber the group of guys that went with you to chat with him?

Well those same guys will be at the Gas Nats.

I don't see anyone giving you any problems :lol:

Dan you did made the right cohice.

Thanks,

Kevin

OH yeh, the hill guy. kevin sheren said he couldnt believe i couldnt say anything, neither could i !

i felt like a twig surrounded by trees, (next to kevin) it was great, looked like a baseball dugout clearing.

thanks for all the support! i can still see the wife grabbing the kids, LOOK WHAT YOUR DAD DID NOW!! the whole crowd is coming after us. good stuff!!

Dan and I talked it over and we both agree having an open class would be fun. So, here are the rules. If your boat is prop driven, you are legal. Doesn't matter what class, engine size, number of engines, power, etc. We are limiting this class to the first 40 boats. I will update the flyer soon.

Brian

Dan and I talked it over and we both agree having an open class would be fun. So, here are the rules. If your boat is prop driven, you are legal. Doesn't matter what class, engine size, number of engines, power, etc. We are limiting this class to the first 40 boats. I will update the flyer soon.

Brian
Now THAT is very cool guys! Ok people there ya go, now it's time to return the favor, give Dan & Brian 40 boats!! B)

Hay Don

Sents you started the war

Lets start with you so we need 39 more boats.

Dave

Hi Guys,

Being a FE racer I really wanted to advance electric powered boats to the Internats level. In 06 I lobbied to have FE allowed to run in the open classes. I was rewarded by Bill and all involved when it was approved and I was the first guy ever to toss a FE boat in and race against my nitro and gas brothers. This one heat (although my boat sucked) was the biggest moment in my boating history.

Since that time my boats have got a bit faster and I've gained much respect for all of you who have invited me and made me feel welcomed at your events. In my book there is nothing better than all of us playing together on the same water at the same time.

That being said I thank the host club for continuing to offer Open classes at the Internats, what ever they may be. Sure, I'd love to see open cat on the schedule but it's not and that doesn't mean I wont have a killer time next year racing open mono and open sport hydro.

Now, if I could only convince someone to make the open classes US1...... :)

Paul.

Dan & Brain........................... EXCELLENT DECISION!!!!! B) B) B)

There are a number of FE GUYS in our area and this will give them an me a chance at run several boats in a few class. I had not planed on going to the internats this year. But with the addition of OPEN I can bring all of the toys and have a goood time at your race!!!!

Not mention a chance to "Make the Batteries BURN"

Don....................What can I say!!!! ;) ;) :D :D It may be the last time open is offered

But I will be KOOL!!!

OK You guys will have fun with those open classes.

Open mono is good for the gas versus nitro wars and now electric is very competive in open mono.

Paul could have had a first in open mono at the Masters race if he could keep that monster headed in the right direction. :lol: Open mono could be quite a show if everyone is running fast.

Expand your open classes to open mono and open hydro at least.

Hope you could do this cause there are some fast gas, nitro and EP, cats, sport hydros and riggers that would like to test themselves in an open class.

Expand your open classes to open mono and open hydro at least.

Hope you could do this cause there are some fast gas, nitro and EP, cats, sport hydros and riggers that would like to test themselves in an open class.
This is a great idea, open classes for mono, cat, sport hydro, and rigger. People from all three power sources going head to head to fight for a year of bragging about being fastest. :D

This is a great idea, open classes for mono, cat, sport hydro, and rigger. People from all three power sources going head to head to fight for a year of bragging about being fastest. :D
Well it only took 3 pages for alot of what I wanted to see happen sink in ..... not bad. We've gone a heck of alot longer than this and wound up going backwards on other topics so we made mucho progress this time. :D

In all seriousness it's great that Brian & Dan are doing this & taking that bold step forward. I p/m'd Brian earlier this morning with a suggestion of going with 18 boat open hydro & 18 boat open mono classes since it sounds like they want a cap around 40. I'm sure they're tossing around some ideas. B)

Back