Gas Boat Forum

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been over this before....

we do have a gas boat forum..... this is it.

I guess since we have an electric forum we are not being consistant. at the time electric was the smallest segment so it was created to promote that part of the hobby...

i dont know..... everybody what ya think.... should we have a "general forum" a nitro forum, an electric forum and a gas forum? i just dont want dead forums.....

for right now... this is the gas forum... and nitro forum.... and general forum...

I guess since we have an electric forum we are not being consistant. at the time electric was the smallest segment so it was created to promote that part of the hobby...

i dont know..... everybody what ya think.... should we have a "general forum" a nitro forum, an electric forum and a gas forum? i just dont want dead forums.....

for right now... this is the gas forum... and nitro forum.... and general forum...
So first question is who will volunteer to step up and moderate it? :huh:

So first question is who will volunteer to step up and moderate it? :huh:
Yes we have too many forums now.

Just lump it ALL back together into ONE forum. That way everyone will get a little more associated with all types of R/C boating.

I suspect too many guys just go straight to 1 or 2 areas and never explorer the others. There is So Much to be learned from everyone!

Plus I think it will remove some boredom when the activity in the forums is slow.

I remember the early days of r/cboat.com when it was e-mail generated.

Everything came at you fast...didn't miss one post. It did jam up the e-mail account quickly. :lol: :lol:

i agree andy... that's why i alway try to fight more forums.... i know myself.... we have forums i rarely go in.... like the mono forum and the outboard forum.... at the same time i'm likely missing some good information....

I can understand where you are coming from Tom.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just click on "View New Posts" when I come to this, and most other, sites. That way I see all the new posts since my last visit and it makes it easy to track what I am interested in.

I too started to use the "View New Post". It was to much work to look at all the different forums.

Mike

It's hard to beat Jim's or MGB but if you need a Mod for a Gas forum, I'm available.

Still what this site really needs is an Off-Topic forum as they really come in handy during cabin fever season.

It's hard to beat Jim's or MGB but if you need a Mod for a Gas forum, I'm available.Still what this site really needs is an Off-Topic forum as they really come in handy during cabin fever season.
Ron,

No longer the active RC boat Mod' at RCU ?

* Gas guys .... PLEASE come on over too the MGB forums and talk gas !!

Word on the street at JRCBD in the owners own words is it's future may be limited to not having one <_< <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
No Scott, I quit there late last May. Too many forums to watch over for just one person until they finally got Matt to help plus too many other reasons to bail that I won't go into here.

Yes, I've seen what's going on over at Jim's and after what I went through for 4 years, I can't blame him a bit for wanting to kick back for a while. Before Tom got help in here this site had to have been a handful also. It takes a lot of time and devotion to run a site like this as you know. You and Marc are doing a great job on your site.

I can understand too many forum choices but this site is well put together and I would like to see a separate Gas and O/T section. I do tend to read the OB section first but go elsewhere for other info. Now building a gas project I feel if I ask a question here all people will say is go to Jim's. If I have to I will but I really trust the guys here and the wealth of info they have. Here also I kind of know who's opinion I trust and some who maybe talking out of school. IW may be the best bridge between all the different venues. Brings nitro,gas & electric people under one roof to share ideas. We may need to keep the steam and sail guys out for a while. :D ;) :p

I can understand too many forum choices but this site is well put together and I would like to see a separate Gas and O/T section. I do tend to read the OB section first but go elsewhere for other info. Now building a gas project I feel if I ask a question here all people will say is go to Jim's. If I have to I will but I really trust the guys here and the wealth of info they have. Here also I kind of know who's opinion I trust and some who maybe talking out of school. IW may be the best bridge between all the different venues. Brings nitro,gas & electric people under one roof to share ideas. We may need to keep the steam and sail guys out for a while. :D ;) :p

That is why I asked. I had some questions over on Jim's and did not get any real answers? Most not all of the guy's on Jim's do not build there boats from wood , foam and glass. They buy glass boats. Here on IW we have a lot more builders.

That is why I asked. I had some questions over on Jim's and did not get any real answers? Most not all of the guy's on Jim's do not build there boats from wood , foam and glass. They buy glass boats. Here on IW we have a lot more builders.

And that question was ?

Latest posts

Back