Gas Boat Forum

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is why I asked. I had some questions over on Jim's and did not get any real answers? Most not all of the guy's on Jim's do not build there boats from wood , foam and glass. They buy glass boats. Here on IW we have a lot more builders.

And that question was ?
Who sells plans for a gas sport hydro? I would like to build a WOF GSH?

And the answers I got were. What is WOF GSH :huh: :huh: :huh: Brian Blazer sells a wood kit and so on.

A gas forum would not be bad even though I am still into nitro. What would be nice to see is a freebie or a trade section, I noticed Jim's is batting that around, kinda like pay the shipping and its yours, never know what would be given away or traded off, I mean a no sale forum, might be fun, see if it flies?

That is why I asked. I had some questions over on Jim's and did not get any real answers? Most not all of the guy's on Jim's do not build there boats from wood , foam and glass. They buy glass boats. Here on IW we have a lot more builders.

And that question was ?

And the answers I got were. What is WOF GSH :huh: :huh: :huh: Brian Blazer sells a wood kit and so on.

As far as i know...there is no available plans for a gas sport hydro ;)

Did someone on here show you where to get plans for one?

Last edited by a moderator:

And that question was ?

WOF is not a normal build style in gas boat builds other than rigger sponsons.

Brian was selling plans for his nitro hulls so he must also be selling the plans for his gas hull.

Too each there own as to how they want to get a boat to the water.

It's all good. :D

And that question was ?

Remember the post, but had nothing positive too say .... NEVER seen current plans offered for a Gas Size sport hydro.

The EARLY Blazer whiplash plans/templates on paper at one point could be had, but those Gen 1 hulls are no longer competitive with the Gen II hull that now you ONLY get in a pre-cut kit form.

Sorry,

The current forum format is divided into General + hull types, which should work OK for GAS with one glaring exception.

The advantages I see to the current format are;

1. Not limiting hull specific questions to just GAS guys, but exposing them Nitro and FE applications / feedback / info too.

2. Goes some ways to reduce the divide that can exist between guys who only run GAS or FE or Nitro.

3. Doesn't step on other forum's toes.

4. More likely to be read by more people, rather than the "i don't race GAS, so I don't need to go there".

The glaring exception I mentioned above is GAS tunnels / cats. Inboard Tunnel hulls are very popular in gas - more so than any other power type. Maybe if there was to be another forum added, it should be for Inboard tunnels /cats to fill that void.

At the end of the day, I'll be happy with whatever Mr. Moorehouse decides is best for HIS forum.

Leave this site for nitro and the dock and MGB for gas seems to be working fine.How many forums do you need.I see some guys not getting what they think is the correct answer here and so hey go to RCU.Which in my opinion is mostly but not all kids.

This site is great for nitro, lots of guys to help and help with the learning curve.I would have been pretty much lost without it.

Terry

I run all gas but still surf this site even though it is mostly nitro. It's pretty well known that this site is nitro and Jim's and MGB are gas sites. ;)

I am a NITRO guy but the way i look at this is. We are ALL R/C boaters and Love the sport/hobby! This forum is about helping out FELLOW BOATERS . Right ! ? So why not have a gas spot . The more info we can give/share info to all new ,old, and every thing inbetween boaters the better this sport/hobby will become . So i vote yes on a gas spot .

Another thing that you get with too many forums covering the same type of boats are that members will go to all of them seeking answers to questions which then becomes redundant.

Another thing that you get with too many forums covering the same type of boats are that members will go to all of them seeking answers to questions which then becomes redundant.

This is very true. There are two major FE boards, plus IW here and also RCU and RCG. I have seen people post the same question about FE boats on all 5 forums. Then they will the answers on one forum to argue with people on another forum. Kind of silly.

I sure wish there were some way of all working together and doing some kind of merge to centralize all the information for RC boating as a whole. I was asked by several people a few years back to create a forum on Modelgasboats.com and I must say I hesitated a long time to do it because I did not want to seem like a competitive site to the already well established forums like this one and Jim's. I eventually went ahead and opened it and it turned out to be mediocre at best. It is still active and kicking but interaction is very limited. I must admit that it has been a very disappointing move and I constantly think about shutting down the forum section. On the other hand I feel it is a great resource (for those that use it) to interact with other members (over 4000 to date) as well as with editors. The forum is built in such a way that you can comment on articles and it creates threads directly linked to the articles. I think that's awesome, just wish more people would use it.

All that said, I strongly feel that if we could merge the existing sites in some way, the results would be absolutely awesome. Maybe over time things will happen. I have tried in the past to add forums for FE and Nitro, but that also was unsuccessful because people are just used to their usual forums, and that makes 100% good sense.

You guys have a great forum here, no doubt about it!

Sorry if I'm kinda off topic here...just saw MGB mentioned a few times and felt a need to type something! :lol:

Back