g23 nitro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadmobile500

hello. ive been gone from r/c boating hobby for a while(i was into nitro and fast electric boating). recently ive been into fullscale auto drag racing(i bracket race) and recently attended a national IHRA event. the smell of nitromethane from the top fuel dragsters sure brought back memories.

anyways, i was thinking of buying a go-ped(scooter) for my fianca' to get around the pits and fetch me tools. i noticed that these little scooters are powered by zenoah g23 engines which some of you gas guys use in your boats. is it possible to run nitro in these engines? how much %? will it require any mods to get the mixture correct? ide like to have the fastest pit scooter, plus the smell of nitro would definetly be a cool thing. thanks in advance.---tom

The Zenoah's carb can be modded to run on methanol (FIA Fuel to you airplane guys) or methanol+nitro. Either way, you'll shorten the engine's life but have a ball. You can buy a carb with the passages drilled out to run alky from one of the many online Go-Ped speed brokers. Marine Specialties is just one, I can't name another but they are out there with all sorts of speed parts, tuned pipes, etc. Your wife's Goped won't likely be the fastest one out there unless you plan on going hog-wild on hop-up parts. There are even guys who race 'em.

It won't run very well if you just switch carbs, here's more to do ( at least that is what I understand at the Gemran forum) They also convert it to a glow plug.

If you want to be the fastest in the pits upgrade it with a 260 engine, has 4 ports instead of 2 and 25,4 cc instead of 23. And you can also modify it a lot. Take a look here:

http://pub208.ezboard.com/fjimsrcboatdockf...picID=195.topic

Copy and past the whole line into your browser's window. I'll bet there are not a lot of guys who can keep up with you after you done the mods...

You can also buy a go ped with an 230RC engine, also 4 ported and a lot faster then the G23. Mods to do are the same as specified in teh link

Have fun!

Back