Futaba Receiver Question Need Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralphie

What is the difference between Futaba receivers R122JE W/BEC and R152JE ?

What does the w/BEC mean with receiver R122JE ?

Plan on running 11.1v li-poly battery in a brushless boat which would be better.

THANKS

Ralph

What is the difference between Futaba receivers R122JE W/BEC and R152JE ?

What does the w/BEC mean with receiver R122JE ?

Plan on running 11.1v li-poly battery in a brushless boat which would be better.

THANKS

Ralph
Ralph, I dont remember exactly what it was but I do know it has something to do with Electronic Controllers that the Electric buffs use.

Ron

Last edited:
BEC Stands for battery eliminator circuit, the rec gets its voltage from the cell packs instead of a seporate rec pack. Im sure some more experienced F/E guys will also chime in to help . I always used to eleminate the BEC and use a rec pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still confused......will be using Li-poly for power no extra battery pack, can I still use the reciever with the BEC ?

Thanks guys

Ralph

I'm still confused......will be using Li-poly for power no extra battery pack, can I still use the reciever with the BEC ?

Thanks guys

Ralph

What electronic speed controll are you using? Usually, any voltage above 14.4 vdc being applied to a motor through a ESC will require a seperate voltage source to the receiver. NEed more info to help.

r,

SCBoatman

Thanks guys

Ralph

What electronic speed controll are you using? Usually, any voltage above 14.4 vdc being applied to a motor through a ESC will require a seperate voltage source to the receiver. NEed more info to help.

r,

SCBoatman
Using a Castle Creation Phoenix 25 ESC

The R122JE should handle the 3S LiPo pack fine without a receiver pack. But I am concerned about the ESC, what motor will you be running, and how big is the boat? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a reply from Futaba on my question too, Reads :

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

The R152JE is slightly smaller and has newer technology in it.

BEC stands for "Battery Eliminator Circuit" and is designed so only one

battery (the motor one) is needed in electric applications. It not only

powers the motor but supplies the rest of the servos with power. This

circuitry is know found in the ESC's that are used today.

In order to use that setup, your ESC will need to support Li-Po cells.

Sincerely,

John G.

Product Support Lead Technician

Back