Futaba Fasst System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

I've been watching different posts on these systems. Why do they ask how much time is on them? Do they wear out quickly? Why are the systems different colors? I see the modules and receivers can be blue and white and others are orange and white. What is the difference? Please help me, this is way too confusing. Maybe I should stay with 75mhz and crystals? What should I look for?

Ron

Ron,

The FASST systems are super reliable and do not wear out. That is some "old wifes tale". Futaba did change the color of the FASST from the blue white to the orange system. I am sure there is no difference in recievers, but I did notice a pot swtich on the newer transmitters. Originally Futaba had a European version and a US version. That pot switch on the newer transmitter module allows you to change between some special setting for France and the rest of the world.

These are great systems and I would not hesitate to recommend the upgrade. There are two types of three channel recievers. The R603FF and the R603FS. The FF has a single external antennae and the FS has a single internal and secondary external. The FS is the preffered reciever for boats.

Tyler

I was looking for a 3PM fasst TX and RX tonight. They all seam to come with the FF RX. Do any of you know where I can get the 3PM TX with the FS RX?

Not that it's needed, but I'll also confirm. I've run gas boats with the 3PM both the FF and FS recievers without issues. I do run a vertical antennae tube outside the hull. I only buy the FS recievers now. Two antennaes MUST be better, right :D FYI, I started with the Airtronics MX-3 2.4 GHz system. Not a good experience despite jumping through MANY hoops.

Brent

The 3pm only comes with the FF reciever. I am not sure wether the FS will work with a 3PM system. Perhaps someone else will chime in here.
Tyler
Yes it does.

I only run the 603FF recievers. Not a single problem.

What rigged said.Ditto for myself and a friend at our pond.Only way to go..FAAST

Back