Futaba 9B Carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro Junkie

It was found at the R/C Unlimiteds race yesterday that the carb needle valve O-ring on the motor I was running is failing. After checking out the parts list at Tower Hobbies, I came across a problem, there are two different part numbers given. Can anyone tell me which one I actually need to order because I'm lost on this one. The part numbers given are:

24981837 O.S. O-Ring Needle FS/FX/LA

27881820 O.S. O-Ring Metal Valve 120Surpass

Last edited by a moderator:
The exploded view in the OS manual I have shows 24981837 as the correct o ring.

You are not using the remote needle are you?

Mark,

There are two o-rings on the stock OS 9 B carb. - one on needle valve (osmg 7063), one on the low speed needle (osmg6731). CHEERS !!! Bob

Type in 24981837 and search on that it comes up as "O" Ring (For Needle) If they don't have in stock i just bought a dozen.

Bill

PS It's an O.S. Engine part for the OS 9B Carb, not Futaba.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack, no remote in this case.

Bill, I guess that's what happens when I try to start a thread while half asleep and at work. I hope I got the rest of it right :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll see if I can get a few from Tower and if not, I'll give you a shout Bill. If worse comes to worse, I do have carbs on hand for motors I bought for boats I'm building, just have to get them set and go from there

Back